Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
davehewitsonuk
AF Newbie

CIVIC H22A Engine transplant

HI guys

i live in the UK, and i am looking to get into modifying an import car. I was thinking of getting a honda civic hatchback, and when on holiday i saw a Civic hatchback with a 2.0 Vtec prelude engine in it.

i was wondering if this is a good engine swap to do, and if not what engine would be good?

also, if i get a prelude VTEC engine, does that mean that all parts i get must be prelude parts not civic parts?

thanks

Dave
davehewitsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 04:00 PM   #2
Dweezil6969
AF Newbie

skip the h22. it makes a great drag car but your handeling gets shot straight to hell.

go with a b series of some form. seince you live in england you can skip the swap and just import an SiR with a b16 to start with.
XceedSpeed.com, MichiganCivics.com, and Zilvia.net
Dweezil6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 05:52 PM   #3
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
from what ive heard thats a myth about the handling just upgrade the suspension and it should work fine
YOUNGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 11:58 PM   #4
SLICK96
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by YOUNGSTER
from what ive heard thats a myth about the handling just upgrade the suspension and it should work fine
I agree. I've been fed this line that the Lude engines make handling w/ the Civics a nightmare, but I was flamed left and right when I stated this on PO.com. The fact is is that there are a number of hatches & civic coupes on the streets running H22s/H23s, and they are handling just fine. It is know that if you do this swap, you'll have to use non-civic axles, and you'll probably want to upgrade your braking capabilities w/ this engine, as Lude engines weight 175-200 lbs more than any b-series engine.

Peace,
J