Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 12:17 AM   #16
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

Re: Montoya goes to NASCAR for '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carfreak18
Carinfoguy,Your absolutely right when you say F1 is an engineers sport, and back to danica patrick,I hate the fact how so many drivers get their way into NASCAR and such because mommy and daddy fund it,I like to see drivers come from the local track,using their own money and make things happen,its all MONEY!..but then again thats how the world turns.
i dont think danicas parents fund her... shes quite wealthy
TheStang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #17
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn

[quote=CarInfoGuy]I know this is a controversial stand, but I believe JP Montoya is taking a step UP as a driver.

I like F1, but it really is an engineer's sport. The F1 championship is won in the drafting room. You need a truly remarkably skilled driver to bring out the best in the car, and run a near flawless race, but it's the car that wins the races. In NASCAR, where there are fewer differences in cars, the driver and crew chief matter so much more to the success of a team.

I think the reward is worth the risk. What happens if JP wins the F1 championship? Money, a little fame. A footnote in the motorsports history books. What happens if JP Montoya wins the Daytona 500 or the Nextel Cup? Instant icon status. The only Latino driver in a country with a growing Latin population? He'd be bigger than Jeff Gordon. He might be still, even if he never wins a race.[quote=CarInfoGuy]

From Jayski.com

McLaren boss Ron Dennis has made it very clear that Juan Pablo Montoya will not be able to drive a Dodge Nextel Cup car for Chip Ganassi until the end of his contract at the end of the year – unless a financial deal of some kind is made in the interim. There is a DaimlerChrysler link between the two camps, but that does not seem to have helped smooth the waters. “He is a contracted McLaren driver and it will stay that way until the end of his contract unless there is some other commercial arrangement between ourselves and the NASCAR team, or Juan himself,” Dennis said Friday at the French Grand Prix. He added that Montoya would not be allowed to test for Ganassi this year, and that the contract extended beyond the end of the racing season. “There is a conflict of sponsors, advertising campaigns and a whole raft or reasons why that is not a practical proposition

IMO:
If JP were to win the daytona 500 he would be become hugly popular in America and in Mexico but other then that alot of the world doesn't care for Nascar. Yeah They will come and watch b/c its a form of racing they've never seen but the popularity of F1 next to Nascar is like World Cup vs NCAA Final Four. And while yes you need a good car to win a race its the same in Nascar. Personally Chip has sucked the past few years imo b/c he is with Dodge. Say JP where to get in with Hendrick,Rousch, or Evernham then he would have a better chance at winnign just like F1. While they are fewer differnces big teams still win.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:47 PM   #18
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

the dodge does have problems with the nose and whatnot, i thought i remembered hearing something about them having a new nose next year though
Old 07-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #19
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn

They are working on it yeah but i wonder if Ron Dennis wont let him get in another car till the year ends that wont give JP enough time to get NASCAR apporval for daytona at minum unless he makes a GREAT showing at testing
Old 07-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #20
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamspawn
They are working on it yeah but i wonder if Ron Dennis wont let him get in another car till the year ends that wont give JP enough time to get NASCAR apporval for daytona at minum unless he makes a GREAT showing at testing
yeah i hope they dont do that, but i dont think they will. he said they still can call him in if they want, but earlier they said he was free to go... so i think they were just trying to say that he isnt completely free yet but they want him to be able to work on his nascar stuff some. kinda like a warning, that the possibility is still there for him to be needed over in F1. thats how i took it.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:52 AM   #21
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

I for one am glad to see the back of Montoya. He was a spoilt, over-rated prima donna who was at best on the second tier with Coulthard, Fisichella, Trulli, Webber etc.

It's nice to have Pedro back, he certainly without fail provides entertaining motorsport. I'm definitely putting my money on Paffet snapping up that second seat next year, though.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:47 PM   #22
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

Rather than make a new thread for this, ill just do it in here, its only 3 months old.

Its really quite a simple question, will you watch any races to see how montoya does?

interesting note, Allmendinger from champ car (won 5 races) just singed into nascar also.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One