Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Technical
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
scorp111361
AF Newbie

2000 BMW 323i hard clutch pedal after replacement

I have just replaced the clutch and pressure plate assy. after replacement I am unable to depress the clutch pedal. I have removed the trans 3 times already.i don't see anything wrong. the through-out bearing slides smoothly on the shaft. The pedal was fine before I took it apart, The clutch just would not disengage. The problem was the pressure plate. I used factory bmw parts. The trans is flush against the block. I got the new clutch and it had a 14mm retainer in the center of the pressure plate. I removed it befofore installing it on the car. I had to, otherwise the trans input shaft would not go through it. the clutch pedal is now as hard as a rock and will not disengage. has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?

Please email me at
scorp111361@aol.com
scorp111361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
supervisor1886
Banned

Re: 2000 BMW 323i hard clutch pedal after replacement

What is the condition of the slave cylinder?
supervisor1886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
BAVARIANM
AF Regular

are you sure the disc is facing the right direction?
BAVARIANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #4
91HO305TPI
AF Enthusiast

stop guyes this is a SAC clutch and by removing that 14mm retainer as you call it your clutch is now totaly out of adjustment your going to have to take the pressur plate back off and have it resete most likly by your local bmw dealer (there is a speacial tool to do thisand then you can reinstall that 14mm retainer) and then when the clutch is on that car bolt down the pressure plate to it retainer still on and then remove the pressur eplate wil then adjust to the clutch plate and the clutch will then work normally. belive me ive done that befor when you removed the retainer (14mm thing) did the pressure plate snap and almost jump at you?
91HO305TPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
BAVARIANM
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91HO305TPI
stop guyes this is a SAC clutch and by removing that 14mm retainer as you call it your clutch is now totaly out of adjustment your going to have to take the pressur plate back off and have it resete most likly by your local bmw dealer (there is a speacial tool to do thisand then you can reinstall that 14mm retainer) and then when the clutch is on that car bolt down the pressure plate to it retainer still on and then remove the pressur eplate wil then adjust to the clutch plate and the clutch will then work normally. belive me ive done that befor when you removed the retainer (14mm thing) did the pressure plate snap and almost jump at you?
I missed that he removed it before installing the pressure plate. That's the problem
BAVARIANM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:26 AM   #6
Jake181
AF Newbie

Hey everyone. I also have the same problem my clutch pedal is hard to press. So u guys saying that gotta rebalance the pressure plate???
Jake181 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Technical