Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 46 44.23%
RSX type S 58 55.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 01:20 PM   #106
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
uh huh...awd helps on ur launch an obviously around the twisties, but as for accel. from a roll...its only going to lose power. from a 5 mph roll...the awd is only something that will slow the car down. from a stop=rsx getting SMOKED. an how many tracks u kno let u roll from 5mph for ur 1/4 ET? :hehehe:

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 04-18-2003, 02:13 PM   #107
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by KrNxRaCer00
uh huh...awd helps on ur launch an obviously around the twisties, but as for accel. from a roll...its only going to lose power. from a 5 mph roll...the awd is only something that will slow the car down. from a stop=rsx getting SMOKED. an how many tracks u kno let u roll from 5mph for ur 1/4 ET? :hehehe:
Thats true dude
Old 04-19-2003, 09:54 AM   #108
jwad1584
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jwad1584
i was just saying that i beat the wrx i was just surprised an didnt think that was really possible since it is about a second faster than my car
but thanks for the info. laters
Old 04-21-2003, 01:15 AM   #109
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jwad1584
i was just saying that i beat the wrx i was just surprised an didnt think that was really possible since it is about a second faster than my car
but thanks for the info. laters
YEA, THOSE FUCKERS ARE PRETTY QUICK OFF THE LINE.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:25 PM   #110
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

I don't know if this has been said yet cuz I didn't feel like reading 8 freakin pages, but the WRX is gonna have 276 HP in 2004. 76 HP plus well over 100 more ft/lbs of torque is gonna kill/stomp/mutilate a RSX no matter off the line or rolling already.
I guess they are upping the HP to combat the new Lancer EVO which has 271 HP. But the Lancer will still handle better.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:47 PM   #111
celtic
AF Newbie

ya i'm from canada too and the wrx is like 5000$ more and i'm with the majoity of the people when i say the rsx is a way nicer ride!!!!! it feels better looks better and for the minimal amount of extra power the wrx may have, you can get that for like 200us$ no problem. cold air intake you can get off of ebay for like 30$ delivered, chip for like 20$, and headers for like 160$ that's another 30-50hp easy, and if you can't intall that shit yourself you have a problem, i think it's really a no brainer.

though the wrx is still a nice ride
Old 06-03-2003, 02:55 PM   #112
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by celtic
cold air intake you can get off of ebay for like 30$ delivered, chip for like 20$, and headers for like 160$ that's another 30-50hp easy,
30-50 HP? Easy??? Your car must have 400 horsepower just from bolt-ons.
Umm, you'de be lucky if you got 15 HP from those mods. What about exhaust? I'd say get a cat-back before a header. What good is a header with the stock muffler backing things up??? So you might get 20 HP gain with the addition of a cat-back.
I think you might be a little shaky on your math skills too, 20+30+160=210. You said 200. And theres no way you're getting this stuff that cheap for a brand new RSX. Maybe for an integra, or something else thats been around for awhile.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:23 PM   #113
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
well the WRX is ahead no doubt performance wise.......but imo the rsx looks better...but looks are just personal preference....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 06-03-2003, 03:28 PM   #114
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Neutrino
well the WRX is ahead no doubt performance wise.......but imo the rsx looks better...but looks are just personal preference....
Not really unless your talking STI WRX. 200 HP RSX -227 HP WRX but the AWD system takes away like 60 HP. So they are about equal in the 1/4.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:33 PM   #115
celtic
AF Newbie

dude, my math is fine if you are going to quibble over 10$ you are just being dumb, and as far as the hp goes if you go on ebay those prices check out let's do some math: cold air intake lets say10-15hp, chip 10-15hp, headers 5-10hp and those are all conservative and if you want a crazy money exhast you can get that for like 400$which can give you 15hp so for well under 1000$ you can totally get your type-s to at least match the wrx, and still have a more stylish car.

not to dis you pwman, i see your point but all those prices do check out look for yourself.

i should know because i've done it to mine and i've walked wrx's with it......
Old 06-03-2003, 04:38 PM   #116
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

i should know because i've done it to mine and i've walked wrx's with it......
I'm sure you have, I think a stock RSX can keep up with a WRX with a rolling start. Add some mods and you can beat it no problem. But my problem is where did you get those numbers for the gains you are saying for the mods you're talking about? They are really high.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #117
celtic
AF Newbie

ok dude you need to read what i'm saying here. EBAY you look under ebay and the hp#s will be there along with the prices, and don't be coming back with, "well you said that it was 200$ when it was really 210$", shite, when it comes down to it for the 5000$'s more it costs for the wrx, this is can. dollars you can mod your type-s for like 600-1000$ canadian and still have money to spare, but hey you don't care i'm sure, because everyone has their loyalties and stuff and that's ok, but if you need a little more hp for an rsx it's cheap, but as soon as you start getting into superchargers and stuff..... well that's different.

and this rolling start crap, dude where do you live?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2003, 07:45 PM   #118
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

and this rolling start crap, dude where do you live?

Thanks
I live in the USA, Pennsylvania to be more accurate. Why? What do you mean rolling start crap? Thanks???
Old 06-03-2003, 10:08 PM   #119
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
Quote:
ok dude you need to read what i'm saying here. EBAY you look under ebay and the hp#s will be there
ok...u can't always jus trust the "numbers" that they post on there. but from a hondata/intake/exhaust, u'll see more like 25-30hp TOPS.

not gonna argue prices...cuz u prolly can find those for that price...but the ecu is gonna be more if u go hondata (which is the only way to go)

pwman, i understand u question the numbers, but the k series motors are a whole different motor from all the b series ones. yea...i/h/e/chip on the b series would only get 12-15hp. but its been dyno proven that simple i/h/e on the k series will get u 20-25 more hp to the wheels.

not tryin to get in the middle, jus tryin to clear everything up.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 06-04-2003, 05:05 AM   #120
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:
Originally posted by PWMAN

30-50 HP? Easy??? Your car must have 400 horsepower just from bolt-ons.
Umm, you'de be lucky if you got 15 HP from those mods. What about exhaust? I'd say get a cat-back before a header. What good is a header with the stock muffler backing things up??? So you might get 20 HP gain with the addition of a cat-back.
I think you might be a little shaky on your math skills too, 20+30+160=210. You said 200. And theres no way you're getting this stuff that cheap for a brand new RSX. Maybe for an integra, or something else thats been around for awhile.
thanks for pointing that out to him...people are being misled by ridiculous advertised power gains

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons