Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 06:29 PM   #1
3.5litermoose
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3.5litermoose
stiff vs. cushy suspension

What type of suspension do you prefer.
Do you like the balls to the wall racing suspension with an unbelievibly high spring rate, big sway bars and any other parts that will stiffen up your ride for optimal turning capability?

or a less aggressive type suspension that although doesnt perform as well as the stiff springs, doesnt give you the bumpy, jaw rattling ride that will knock the filings out of your teeth?
Old 01-03-2002, 06:58 PM   #2
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
I guess if I had a race car I would like the tight suspension, for any truck/suv I like it firm
Old 01-03-2002, 07:46 PM   #3
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
I drove my mom's toyota Solara for about a year, and it has some VERY soft suspension. Its nice for just riding around, but when you if you speed up, slow down, or turn the car leans a fair amount. I now have a firebird with suspension thats pretty hard compared to the Solara, and i really prefer it. You can actually feel the road, but not too much. You don't lean in turns, and its more enjoyable. For long raod trips i may want something softer, but i don't see myself taking long road trips in the firebird.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons