Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
Speed Racer
AF Enthusiast

Starter Car

Hello. Good day to you ladies and gents. I am asking all those out there to put up your stakes on the best Honda/Acura car for a newbie to start out with if the are into racing.This is for everyone even those of you who got into it b/c of the Fast and Furious.Details PLEASE.Later Days.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:58 PM   #2
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Spectre927
Re: Starter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer
Hello. Good day to you ladies and gents. I am asking all those out there to put up your stakes on the best Honda/Acura car for a newbie to start out with if the are into racing.This is for everyone even those of you who got into it b/c of the Fast and Furious.Details PLEASE.Later Days.
You need more details buddy.
CRX for its light weight, low cost and swappability...
NSX if cost isn't an issue, and you want it all stock.
The S2000 is much cheaper and more affordable and also quick for all stock.
Integras look the best, IMO out of the civics, del sols, hatches, accords, rsx's, and others in those classes.
RSXs are nice and their engines have potential.

Overall, I'd just go with a CRX. Thats just me though.
Spectre927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 11:31 PM   #3
Speed Racer
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Starter Car

Thanks.Sorry about no details, I was in a rush.Well, where to start?I posted this in the hopes of some tips.I am very familiar with domestics/imports and just want to know for when I start looking for cars.I'll be looking soon and won't have that much money. Which one is the best bang for buck ratio(mods,looks,etc.) Isn't the Del Sol the CRX with a body job????DO NOT GET AFFENDED!!!I'm just curious.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:54 PM   #4
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

Im not offended. The Del Sol is to the CRX as the RSX is to the Integra. Its just a replacement pretty much. The CRXs are from what 84?-91 and del sols are 93?-97. The Del Sols are a little heavier from what I hear, but do look a little nicer IMO
Old 11-28-2003, 12:08 AM   #5
Speed Racer
AF Enthusiast

I feel stupid.I misspelled offended(affended).Thank you not getting OFFENDED by my bad spelling.Which one is the best for someone with little money who wants an all-wheel drive,fast,good-looking,loud(stereo)car?
Old 11-28-2003, 03:19 AM   #6
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

cheap? all wheel drive? honda? goodluck....
just get a 96 hatch
Old 11-28-2003, 03:26 AM   #7
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

sorry. I dont mean to tell you different things. Get a black CRX if you are mostly into speed. A 92-95, maybe 91 or older hatch if you want speed and some looks, a 96 and up hatch if you want both, and an integra if you want both. It typically gets more expensive though as you go up the ladder, though stock, the integra looks nice. It is more expensive. Seriously though, you cant expect all that for little money, unless you get hooked up. Just look around for a good deal
Old 11-28-2003, 01:03 PM   #8
Speed Racer
AF Enthusiast

Thanks.I meant which one is low on cost and can be modded out to be all-wheel drive,etc.When you say hatch do you mean the civic hatchback or some other honda model?
Old 11-28-2003, 02:51 PM   #9
darknite23
AF Regular

Re: Starter Car

i doubt theirs any honda w/ awd but i have heard of a integra w/ awd but you said you have alittle it of money so i doubt youll afford an awd swap now im agreeing with spectre a crx is your best bet. try and look for a 90 or 91 si w/ b16a and youll have a a light and prety fast car wich in the long run you can modify to your pleasure and that will run you at about 2 to 4grand but if you can afford maybe a little more expensive car i definatly wouldnt go with any civic's id go with the integra (just because i have one)their very good to you even stock their quick and light weight and as all hondas plenty modifications
darknite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:51 PM   #10
Speed Racer
AF Enthusiast

Thanks you guys.With this info I'm going to the crx forum so if you want to talk to me find me there.I'm also going to start a new post on this forums so look me up.Peace.

Last edited by Speed Racer; 11-28-2003 at 06:38 PM.
Speed Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 02:57 AM   #11
loesch8102
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to loesch8102
How reliable are those CRX's? Every one I see around here sounds like shit and is falling apart.
loesch8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:30 AM   #12
gen2tegls
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to gen2tegls
lol omg some clown that goes to my skool drives a crx and it is the biggest pice of shit ever and he thinks it is fast....omg ..... lol it has the black top part with the grey bottom bumpers lol and he has exasuet and the ugliest wheels and its not lowered lol... supposedly he is fixing it up over the christmas break but well see...
gen2tegls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 11:16 AM   #13
Speed Racer
AF Enthusiast

Some CRX do look like crap and some are the Shiznit, just like with all other cars out there.The CRX is a good investment for starters I think because it is a Honda(Never Die),and it has real potential.Not saying that there are not better cars out there,but for people with little money and lots of time it is very good.Plus the parts that I found are inexpensive and I can make it awd like I wanted.I'm not going to be working on this thread anymore.I'll check back every once in a while, but I'm starting a new thread soon so check me there.(it will be on this forum)

Last edited by Speed Racer; 11-29-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Speed Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra