Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #16
ales
Forza Schumacher

Re: Suzuka....

But one just has to wonder, again, why you focus on the rule changes for the current season? Why not focus on the big changes in 1994? Or 1998, which gave huge advantage to McLaren? Or 2003? 2005? Hell, even the first part of 2006 when rules were changed to outlaw Ferrari wings, which were legal until that point? And then, based on a change in regulations brought about by a protest from Mclaren (for which, let me remind you, you blamed Ferrari, typically), that affected at least 7 teams (we'll never know whom it affected most, although if people like you say Renault suffered the most often enough, we may just have to believe that) you say that Schumi's engine going up in smoke was the best moemnt of your life. Not when the driver/team you spport win a race or the championship, but when the team/driver you don't support suffers. Pretty typical, uninformed and petty. Luckily for me, and other Schumacher/Ferrari fans, we've had many fantastic moments due to success of our team and not the misfortune of others.

Edit: if the age in your profile is correct and you're really 61, you must remember a coupel of other rule changes in F1 And I sure hope that there have been happier moments that Schumacher's engine going up in smoke.

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
ales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #17
Mpowered
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales
But one just has to wonder, again, why you focus on the rule changes for the current season? Why not focus on the big changes in 1994? Or 1998, which gave huge advantage to McLaren? Or 2003? 2005? Hell, even the first part of 2006 when rules were changed to outlaw Ferrari wings, which were legal until that point? And then, based on a change in regulations brought about by a protest from Mclaren (for which, let me remind you, you blamed Ferrari, typically), that affected at least 7 teams (we'll never know whom it affected most, although if people like you say Renault suffered the most often enough, we may just have to believe that) you say that Schumi's engine going up in smoke was the best moemnt of your life. Not when the driver/team you spport win a race or the championship, but when the team/driver you don't support suffers. Pretty typical, uninformed and petty. Luckily for me, and other Schumacher/Ferrari fans, we've had many fantastic moments due to success of our team and not the misfortune of others.

Edit: if the age in your profile is correct and you're really 61, you must remember a coupel of other rule changes in F1 And I sure hope that there have been happier moments that Schumacher's engine going up in smoke.
Geez! See this is way off topic. One I was only casually interested in F1 until BMW entered the fray. Am I a Heidfeld fan! Hum! Maybe a Kubica fan. Well I was a Kimi fan and a Juan Pablo fan, but that all has changed. Ya' see. I just can't route for red. As I said, I like racing when it's done where rules are not change to help the privileged few. (Same thing happens at LeMans and in NASCRAP) You believe that everything is done' fairly, but you'd be pretty naive if you believe that. But most people are not able to look within and see the faults of those they admire. They only see what they want to see. So continue to like who you like. I personally don't care. He may be a champion in your eyes, but it takes more than winning races and championships to be a champion (hell even his own brother doesn't like him). Right now, I'll continue to route for the BWM's. Kubica? Heildfeld? We'll see. Favorites, only if they are not willing to cut someone else’s throat to get ahead.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:53 PM   #18
ales
Forza Schumacher

Was that supposed to be a reply to my post? I don't se you replying to any of the points I've made, but that's also typical, so I'm not surprised. So much for trying to have a discussion.

You're right about one thing, it is going off topic.

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
ales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #19
Mpowered
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales
Was that supposed to be a reply to my post? I don't se you replying to any of the points I've made, but that's also typical, so I'm not surprised. So much for trying to have a discussion.

You're right about one thing, it is going off topic.
Your the guru. This thread is way offffffffffffffff topic. That's why I didn't reply. You wouldn't accept any facts anyway, so why should I try. I can reply tit for tat, but it gets nowhere. If you want. I will reply, even if it's off topic. But once again, you too only reply to what you feel like replying to leaving question that I ask unanswered. I see not point in continuing any further. You have only selective vision. This forum only sees red and nothing else. Adios.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #20
disomma
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpowered
I see not point in continuing any further. You have only selective vision. This forum only sees red and nothing else. Adios.
you're guilty of selective vision as well. also, you chose to comment in this thread, so take what comes with it.

The fact that rules have been changed has been happenning for many years. the powers that be see to that. all teams and team principals complain, and they all point the finger at this infraction or that. some are valid, and some are not, and penalties are handed out accordingly, i.e., Monaco. when you make statements like "did Schumacher really deserve the title?", it's an assenine statement, and it shows a lack of knowledge and a lack of objective viewing on your part. He was penalised for his infraction, and yet he still brought the championship to the final race. The mass damper affected a slew of teams, and if it was that beneficial, i'm certain ferrari would have used one as well. nevertheless, i root for schumacher because he drives for ferrari. i admire his accomplishments, but if he drove for another team, i wouldn't root for him. if he wins the title, of course he deserves it. if alonso wins, he deserves it too, even though he acted immaturely when he threw his team under the bus because of what he perceived to be disloyalty. that's the name of the game. take it for what it is, and everything that comes w/it, or watch something else.
disomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:21 AM   #21
RallyRaider
Zomby Woof

I shouldn't buy into this since everybody has their own version of the "facts" as usual.

But, I'm very pleased Alonso has been given a big chance at the title again after all the misfortunes (political and technical) he and Renault endured in the second half of the championship. Admittedly the timing was poor but one measly engine blow up for Schumacher in what - five years is a bit rich to get upset about. Nice to see the ledger balanced slightly.

I'm predicting a Massa win in Brazil. The Ferrari and Bridgies will likely continue to be the package to have, but Michael has never really shone at Interlagos. Unless Alonso suffers a misfortune, then Schumacher could be gifted the win and title. That would put his career into perspective!
RallyRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #22
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Alonsos attitude has been disgusting, if he doesn't win, he mopes around on the Podium like a 6 year old that just got his Playstation confistated, he hasn't stopped moaning since the season began "WAAAAH DID YOU SEE WHAT MICHAEL DID?" (I am 90% sure pulled that very same whinge twice in the fuel burning phase of two Q3 sessions this year- Cracked me up hearing Pat Symonds (?) saying "Yes we did, just get on with it"). His swing at Robert Doornbos and subsequent breakcheck completely sealed it for me though, the guy is a freaking idiot, definitely the sports new Mansell.

Schumi does deserve this title, there was Monacogate, but I have never heard him whinge once the whole season, which is why I respect him, he's had a fair amount of anti-Schumi bias thrown at him by the FIA, but he just puts his head down and gets on with it. I suppose we can only see what happens going into Interlagos this weekend.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #23
whatshisface
AF Newbie

hah. finally peoples agree with me about alonsos attitude/.
whatshisface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:46 AM   #24
SuperStock96
AF Regular

Jimster's absolutely right. Alonso is a crybaby and that's it. He's a fairwether fan of his own crew. When the gettin's good he's happy and thanks everyone. When he loses, he blames his crew and his team for sabotaging his car and that they don't want him to win the driver's championship. He's an ass. I hope he gets his butt handed to him next year in the mercedes.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Formula-One