Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Highlander/Highlander Hybrid/Kluger
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
TamnTopher
AF Newbie

2003 Highlander 3.0L won't start after quitting on highway

I have a 03 toyota highlander V6 3.0L and without any warning the engine just quit running while on interstate. Pulled over to side of interstate n checked oil, hoses,etc n everything fine. But tried to start it after sitting a little while my battery was dead. Tow truck came and tried to jump it off and still did not start. Also started making a yelping noise that it has never done before when cranking that sounds like it is coming from the starter.Alternator makes no noise once charged battery up. Fuel pump assembly working great. Put OBD II Scanner and only codes were a oxygen sensor heater circuit and knock sensor. Fuel pump relays are in working condition as so is oil pump. Motor is not bound up nor did it jump time. Timing belt in great condition. It is getting fire to each plug but they do need changing. My car never skipped or back fired at any time. The plugs were wet when removed them to inspect them after we got it home and was trying to get it to start. As I've read and researched thought it may be Mass Flow Senor. I do not know though what the readings are supposed to be so unsure it is working properly. Can you tell me what it's supposed to read with a multi meter? Checked crank position and cam position sensors and all are pulsing voltage. Do you happen to know is there anything else I should check? All fuses are good have not found any blown.. at wits end, please help.
TamnTopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: 2003 Highlander 3.0L won't start after quitting on highway

Send me your e-mail address and I'll see if I can hook you up with a maintenance manual.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Highlander/Highlander Hybrid/Kluger