Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
burijon
AF Newbie

Power Steering hose/Pressure Hose

2000 Intrigue.

I need to replace the power steering pressure hose. As an update to this post:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...+steering+hose

Could someone post where the lower half is bolted? Any one have any tips for me? What would be the "correct" procedure for bleeding the system? Is it turn the wheel from lock to lock till the air is out?

The term "pressure hose" kinda scares me in that if I just unbolt it will it spray out and kill me with PS fluid?

Is this the correct GM part number? 19106270
I have found 3 different part numbers using www.rockauto.com.

www.gmpartsdirect.com seems to have the cheapest price so far.

Any insight is appreciated.

Last edited by burijon; 02-26-2007 at 07:14 AM.
burijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
panzer dragoon
AF Enthusiast

Re: Power Steering hose/Pressure Hose

these are the AllDataDiy part numbers
I believe these hoses have O-rings that need to be replaced also.

Quote:
Power Steering Line/Hose
P/S Pressure Hose 26074656 $168.07

Line Kit
Right
5 - Without Variable Steering
$20.38

5 - With Variable Steering
$46.16

Left
Without Variable Steering
$45.09

With Variable Steering
$6.78
panzer dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
panzer dragoon
AF Enthusiast

the Rock:

Quote:
2000 : OLDSMOBILE : INTRIGUE : 3.5L 214 cubic inch V6 FI (H) : Steering : Power Steering Pressure Line Hose Assembly

EDELMANN Part # 92061 {16mm Male O-Ring x 18mm Male O-Ring x 61 3/4"}
$38.99 $0.00 $38.99

GATES Part # 365415 {Pressure Line Assembly 16mm Male O-Ring x 18mm Male O-Ring x 61 3/4"} More Info
$52.79 $0.00 $52.79

Quote:
2000 : OLDSMOBILE : INTRIGUE : 3.5L 214 cubic inch V6 FI (H) : Steering : Power Steering Pressure Hose

ACDELCO Part # 36P25362 {#19106269}
HOSE,P/S GR INL DUPLICATE USAGE IN SELL DOWN; MFG. SPECS.
**Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 12 business days*
$57.99 $0.00 $57.99

ACDELCO Part # 36365415 {#19147614}
HOSE,P/S GR INL -
**Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 12 business days** $64.79 $0.00 $64.79
none of the numbers match up with the AllData Stuff.

You have a high pressure hose coming off the pump (the expensive hose $100+) and the return hose going back to the pump (cheap one). =This is probably a kit where you get both hoses together.

Then you have 2 hoses that I think are metal on the steering rack itself. These are the cheaper ones. I believe they are calling these the "line hoses"
panzer dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
burijon
AF Newbie

As an update to this post, I ended up buying the hose from NAPA. The hose looks exactly like the original and even comes with the plastic shrouding like the OE part. It also includes 3 O rings, one for insurance. I ordered it from a local store to not have to pay shipping. It arrived the next day. It was cheaper than Autozone and Advance Auto in my area. $62

http://www.napaautoparts.com/MasterP...ure+Hose+-+OEM

I would have taken pictures but was running out of time(isn't that always the case?)

Some tips for others:

1. Get under the car and remove the lower end first. This way you can drain the fluid. The connection is directly under the master cylinder and located on the main connection/assembly of the steering rack. You can't miss it when you trace the hose. Have a container ready to catch the fluid. It's very messy! 18mm open ended wrench. Make sure to note the routing of the hose so you don't forget when you reinstall!
2. Remove the coolant overflow from the strut tower and place it aside. I kept the lower hose of the reservoir connected but just removed the two retaining nuts and the low coolant light sensor connector. You'll be glad you removed it when you go to install the new hose.
3. Remove the upper connection of the old hose. 16 mm open ended wrench
4. There is a rubber connector holder at the top part of the hose connecting it to another metal tube. You can see it near the firewall. Remove it.
5. There is a plastic hose clamp next to the right steering gear boot. Disconnect it with a flat head screw driver.
6. There is one more rubber connector the metal part of the hose is connected to while underneath of the car.
7. Pull out the old hose whichever way is easier for you. Don't be scared to put some force on the rubber hose parts to get it to move out of the car.
8. INSTALLATION. From underneath of the car install the hose first at the steering gear without it coming from the top. Install it coming from the passenger side tire and leave it straight positioning it to connect to the steering rack. SIDENOTE: I originally started snaking the hose from the top down. I tried unsuccesfully at first for 2 hours to get the fitting to thread properly at the steering rack underneath. Something about the angle of the hose and I wasn't strong enough I just couldn't get it. When I removed the hose from coming from the top of the motor down(which would seem logical) and placed it straight coming in from passenger tire side below, there was no tension on the fitting and went on in about 30 seconds!
9. You will need to bend or pull most of the hose to contort it to get it under the steering gear and snake it up to the top. When you removed the coolant overflow this will make it a whole lot easier. It also helps to have another pair of hands from the top to pull it the rest of the way.
10. Tighten the top hose.
11. Reattach the connectors along the routing of the hose and especially the plastic hose clamp at the right angle bend next to the right steering gear boot.
12. Pat yourself on the back from the money you saved doing it yourself.
13. I didn't have any bleeding problems or any noise in the system. I did find an empty parking lot and did a few tight circles right and left to remove any leftover air in the system.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to burijon For This Useful Post:
fhofstra (11-29-2018)
Old 10-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
jwarren219
AF Newbie

Thanks to burijon, I followed his instructions and used the hose from NAPA. It took me about 3 hours (installation and engine bay clean up).
jwarren219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:26 PM   #6
fhofstra
AF Newbie

burijon -
Used your procedure today, and found it most helpful. Took me all day, but got it done.
Wonder how many Intrigues are still out there? I'm up to 270,000 miles...
Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #7
burijon
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Power Steering hose/Pressure Hose

Glad to see the post is still helpful.

I've been driving 04 TSX since then which will hit 270k miles soon! Sold the Intrigue at 140k when it blew its head gaskets 10 years ago. Was told due to the bad machining in aluminum block and head for the thread holders for the bolts in the block. I didn't want to put that much cash into it at the time.

I'm fairly amazed your Olds has that mileage!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue