Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Impulse
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 07:38 PM   #1
iliketoobuytoys
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to iliketoobuytoys
1989 Isuzu Impulse Turbo for sale ( Make an Offer )

For those of you that do not know about this car i will lay it out in simple terms. Front Engine RWD, ITALDESIGN, Lotus tuned suspension, and of course TURBO. This is a rare opportunity to own a Isuzu Impulse. There were ver few of these made in 1989 to complete the finish of the original five year run the car enjoyed, at that point. This car was designed by the famous Italian designer, Giorgietto Giugiaro, the gentleman who also designed the Maserati Bora and Ghibli, the De Tomaso Pantera and Mangusta, the 1970's Lotus Esprit, as well as several Alfa Romero's and Fiat's.

The suspension by Lotus is probably one of the most memorable and interesting features of the JR Impulses. Lotus Cars of Britain lent a hand in the engineering of the suspension of different models of Isuzu cars (Impulse JR, I-Mark RS, and Impulse RS), making them handle like much more expensive cars. In return, Isuzu designed and built engines for the Lotus Esprit line of cars with a 220 HP four cylinder DOHC turbocharged engine. The cars that came equipped with the Lotus tuned suspension were sold with special green and gold badges on the front fenders and rear of the car denoting the Lotus name

The Impulse was a show car in the late 80's and received great acknowledgement at the time for some unique design aspects, particularly the movable pods on either side of the dash which housed most of the cars functions to activate heat / ac controls, lights, directionals, etc. without taking your hands off the steering wheel. These pods where movable to accomadate different drivers hands so that anyone could reach out with their fingers and easily reach the controls. This model had a special checkerboard gray / white cloth interior.

This engine is a 4 cylinder Turbo Charged engine with 140hp. The cars gets 25mpg around town and 30mpg on the freeway. The turbo is a very simple type and begins pulling strongly around 1300rpm and pulls in each gear all the way to the redline, never winding out like many of the new cars, where you have to upshift well before reaching the redline. This is a very roomy hatchback and the rear seats fold down. All the instruments and switches work properly (cruise control, ac / heat, etc.

A 2.0L naturally aspirated engine only makes around 90 HP, but due to superior gearing, it moves very fast when you need it to. The 2.0L turbo version produces 140 HP and is a very fast compact car. The turbo engine can be tweaked to an easily attained 500 HP with the right parts and engine management. Expect at least 25 MPG from either engine

I recently bought this [car came from California] but i have way too many projects going on so i came to the conclusion of selling it.

The car is in mint condition EXT/INT

the problem i have with it is the head It needs one( only problem )
the rims are in excellent shape
Tires are brand new
Clutch is great

i will take some pictures of the car when it gets a little warmer out
contact info:
yahoo messenger ID- renmanupnorth [online 24/7]
email- junkemails@charter.net
phone- 715-421-1619

1988 Madza MX6 with factory radar detector --- runs great

thanks
Troy in Wisconsin

Last edited by iliketoobuytoys; 02-11-2005 at 03:35 AM. Reason: updating info
iliketoobuytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:36 PM   #2
WayOutCat
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1989 Isuzu Impulse Turbo for sale ( Make an Offer )

i sent you an email, but just in case that didn't reach you, i am interested in learnign more about the car.
this is the RS, right? the one that weighs about 2100 pounds and has 140 hp?
WayOutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:09 AM   #3
iliketoobuytoys
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to iliketoobuytoys
no ....

This is a Turbo
Rear Wheel Drive
5-spd
Old 01-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
morbidsoul366
AF Newbie

Angry 89 isuzu impulse major problem

i have an impulse and in the fron driver side where the strut tower connects to the frame well body it has rusted completely through and is about a 5 inch gap all around it except for near the bottom which would be closest to the engine is there any way to rig this or possibly get a new inner wheel well if anyone knows what i can do let me know ASAP
morbidsoul366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
speedracerles
AF Newbie

I have $1000.00 for it, is this not enough...
Old 01-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
jamesanderson1
AF Newbie

Check in the user manual or ask from the service provider of your car. They will tell you better.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Impulse