Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 03:23 PM   #1
Orion ZyGarian
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Orion ZyGarian
Wow! Stop posting this bs!

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/cs.html

As seen, from the official Toyota webpage, this is NOT the next Supra. Its just a concept as well, meaning no plans yet to make it. If it were the next Supra, it'd be called Supra, not the CS&S. Where the fuck do you seen any resemblance whatsoever to any generation Supra?!

ALSO.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/volta.html

Toyota Volta. Right there. See above. It wouldnt be a Supra even if Toyota didnt stop using the 2JZ block for crash test reasons and switch over to the gay 3.3 camry V6 that you now see in half their cars, because its a mid engine hybrid layout..

I've heard through various connections and supposedly the president himself (is Fujio Cho still prez?) that the next one will have two models: a V6 (as told above) and a "GT" V8 model quite possibly with forced induction. The V8 would probably be the i-Force 4.7 seen in 4Runners, Tundras, Sequoias, GX470s, etc. but I dont know that for sure. Theres a thread about it on a different Supra forum from a highly credible resource, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks
Orion ZyGarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #2
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: Wow! Stop posting this bs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
I've heard through various connections and supposedly the president himself (is Fujio Cho still prez?) that the next one will have two models: a V6 (as told above) and a "GT" V8 model quite possibly with forced induction. The V8 would probably be the i-Force 4.7 seen in 4Runners, Tundras, Sequoias, GX470s, etc. but I dont know that for sure.
The iForce V8 is a truck engine with a cast-iron block and truck cams. I doubt it.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:48 AM   #3
rice(er)
AF Enthusiast

Re: Wow! Stop posting this bs!

dude, they should put lift capabilities in this new supra engine, that would be my vTAkK p0wnner!!!11one
rice(er) is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors