Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > GT40
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 03:13 PM   #31
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2005 ford gt monster or not.

"Others that aren't here simply didn't have the guts to show up. Ferrari, when invited, flatly turned us down. We asked the folks from Maranello to bring a Ferrari 360 Stradale, a Ferrari 575 Maranello or a 650-hp Enzo--or all of them. But Ferrari's press officer told us, "Ferrari will no longer participate in any comparison tests." O-kay. Wimps."

http://popularmechanics.com/automoti..._2/print.phtml

my guess is that they are still mad about that "megastars" comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
RedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:19 PM   #32
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: 2005 ford gt monster or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...Nameless Dork
"Others that aren't here simply didn't have the guts to show up. Ferrari, when invited, flatly turned us down. We asked the folks from Maranello to bring a Ferrari 360 Stradale, a Ferrari 575 Maranello or a 650-hp Enzo--or all of them. But Ferrari's press officer told us, "Ferrari will no longer participate in any comparison tests." O-kay. Wimps."

http://popularmechanics.com/automoti..._2/print.phtml

my guess is that they are still mad about that "megastars" comparison.
Nice info thanks ferrari bunch of wimps.
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #33
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2005 ford gt monster or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...Nameless Dork
ok so im still trying to figure out what ford did to volvo if what u say is true they did nothing at all, but give them money or whatever.
Its the opposite they take more money and do nothing.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:11 PM   #34
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

so um, where would your beloved noble m12 be without ford?
your hatred for ford is irrational and based on what could only be described as libellous comments.
you forget that above all, ford is a business.
the point of business is money.
if ford own volvo, then the money is theirs to do with however they like.

anyway.
back to the ford gt please.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:14 PM   #35
Demon_Mustang
AF Enthusiast

Oh wow, so the guy at the dealer told you. Oh, then it's fact then, it's not like the auto salesmen would ever think about lying to you or anything...
Old 08-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #36
DiabloGT
Banned

Re: Re: Re: 2005 ford gt monster or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
I hate ford I'm sick of it. They wrecked jaguar and now there destroying volvo. Thank god they havent touched aston martin yet.
yeah all they do is bring back dead looks, the thunderbird, new mustang coming up, new gt... cmon they really arent creative... did you see the new f250 and f350 upgrade from 99' to 04'? all they did was change the turning signal thats all i had to do to my v10 6.8L f350 change the turning signals and its new! cmon that is pathetic... i am not a ford hater, i have 5 town cars: 00' that im using, other 00' for parts, 95' limo, 93' for random stuff, and 93' for parts, and also i got an f350... and i am not too impressed with my fords... i still like my camaros best, and im a die hard lamborghini fan and im 16 and i got all these cars... my uncles gave em to me
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:04 PM   #37
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

well look at whats happening to BMW, id rather get the same old same old designs then a buch of "modern" crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
RedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:05 PM   #38
feenix z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to feenix z
Why does everyone hate on bmw's new stuff? Lets face facts: EVERYTHING bmw makes delivers the goods and seriously, i think they look pretty good. i think it's because they've let their designers see the light of day since the 1960's unlike some of the american companies.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:20 AM   #39
rdollie
AF Regular

Re: Re: 2005 ford gt monster or not.

His original assertion is indeed correct. Most current Volvos are based off the P2 platform which debuted in 1998 as the 1999 S80. The P2 underlies most current Volvos and a few future Fords to boot.

The first Ford influenced Volvo is the P1/C1 derived 2004.5 S40 and 2005 V50. They ARE MUCH better cars than their predecessors for the effort. They share some floorpan stampings with the next generation Euro-only Focus and Mazda 3. In other words, Volvo helped develop a platform already lauded for handling characteristics and they customized their own version (believe me - the Volvo P1 is much more expensive to build and has a lot more content than it's cheaper stablemates - both fine cars in their own right.)

By and large, Ford has essentially been VERY smart with Volvo. They've left the design and development process mostly intact given Volvo's profitability. They've incorporated some of Volvo's safety components in MANY Ford products and ALL Ford vehicles now are run through Volvo's safety engineering facility in Sweden for evaluation during the development process.

Ford even had the wisdom to let Volvo pick their own path for their upcoming new line of inline engines and V8 (they could have tried to force a Jag or Lincoln V8 into the mix but didn't.) Ford and Volvo corp. cultures are so fundamentally different it's amazing how well things have gone to date. Contrast this with GM's bastardization of Saab (they're moving operations out of Sweden and into Opel in Germany; rebadging Subarus and Chevy Trailblazers and building them in North America with Saab badging; etc.) and you see how bad things could have been.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey
so um, where would your beloved noble m12 be without ford?
your hatred for ford is irrational and based on what could only be described as libellous comments.
you forget that above all, ford is a business.
the point of business is money.
if ford own volvo, then the money is theirs to do with however they like.

anyway.
back to the ford gt please.
rdollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 02:07 PM   #40
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: 2005 ford gt monster or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdollie

By and large, Ford has essentially been VERY smart with Volvo. They've left the design and development process mostly intact given Volvo's profitability. They've incorporated some of Volvo's safety components in MANY Ford products and ALL Ford vehicles now are run through Volvo's safety engineering facility in Sweden for evaluation during the development process.
Yes the purest volvo is the v70 r and the S60 r all volvo enginering.

Quote:
Ford even had the wisdom to let Volvo pick their own path for their upcoming new line of inline engines and V8 (they could have tried to force a Jag or Lincoln V8 into the mix but didn't.)
If they would have did that I would have killed them volvos are meant to be low cylinder cars 5-4 if you ask me. A v8 is way way to much weight because volvos are natraully heavy cars cause of the legendary safety.I dont think volvo is gonna put a v8 unless its in there trucks or 1 of their boats.

Quote:
Contrast this with GM's bastardization of Saab (they're moving operations out of Sweden and into Opel in Germany; rebadging Subarus and Chevy Trailblazers and building them in North America with Saab badging; etc.) and you see how bad things could have been.
saab b4 - gm> <saab - saab after GM's statement to the automotive world Every1 else
" ~ Igor
Old 09-10-2004, 12:00 AM   #41
fordgazm2005
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to fordgazm2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmustang
the 2005 ford Gt is a monster. beleive what I say it true. the enzo,viper,benz they all have no chance when it come time for tuning.

2005 FORD GT
500 hp supercharged.

just think bullet proof block.
just think 5.4 bullet proof block

fords cobra is a supercharged 289 can hold 1200 hp.stock 390hp
the ford Gt is a supercharged 330 what can it hold???stock 500hp
FORD IS NOT THE COMPANY TO RACE RIGHT NOW!!!!!
whoa... is that 550 hp stock? only for 150 G's? yep, thats my baby!!
fordgazm2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:58 AM   #42
rdollie
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2005 ford gt monster or not.

Actually if you check the numbers you will find that Volvos are about the same or LIGHTER than comparable BMWs and Mercedes cars. The was officially announced earlier this week by Volvo and it looks like a really great engine. Also given it's compact dimensions and transverse mounting it's not only going to show up in the S80 as planned but it will find it's way into other products in a couple of years from what I'm hearing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
Yes the purest volvo is the v70 r and the S60 r all volvo enginering.

If they would have did that I would have killed them volvos are meant to be low cylinder cars 5-4 if you ask me. A v8 is way way to much weight because volvos are natraully heavy cars cause of the legendary safety.I dont think volvo is gonna put a v8 unless its in there trucks or 1 of their boats.

saab b4 - gm> <saab - saab after GM's statement to the automotive world Every1 else
rdollie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > GT40