Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
duaneshock
AF Newbie

Looking for my first...restoration that is..

I am just starting to look for my first restore that a rookie could do. (i know that I will have to have the body work done by a pro). I am not real specific on brands. Is there a classic out there that is easy to find parts for and a good starter car. I have always loved 50's and 60's trucks, not really into the 40's and 50's coupes. would love to have a GS or a 442 but not sure if that is with in my means right now....any suggestions welcome.
duaneshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Re: Looking for my first...restoration that is..

There are many 50's - 60's trucks out there waiting to be adopted ! They can be every bit as enjoyable as the more heralded Muscle cars and much more affordable . Most anything you might need is available and many can be updated at a reasonable cost depending on how mild or wild you choose to go . Many can be updated by simply installing equipment from a later model truck ! I personally have a 1965 truck that I have had for many years .There are model specific websites that are invaluable and many members , of these sites , are more than happy to help with your questions . PM me and I can send you some sites to check out .Good luck !
Old 09-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Looking for my first...restoration that is..

^^Good advice!

Pretty much anything resembling a muscle car is pretty pricy these days. Personally, I like the 60's luxury cars, especially Lincolns and T-birds. But I also like the Toronado, Riviera and Imperial. (Cadillacs are fine too, but I never really cared for their gaudy styling, imo). These make good projects because of their retro spaceship looks and nice driving characteristics, yet are more affordable than the muscle and pony cars.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote