Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
View Poll Results: What are your thoughts about this concept?
Love it! 66 21.22%
Like it. 53 17.04%
It's ok. 58 18.65%
Don't like it. 103 33.12%
Close, but a few things ruin it. 31 9.97%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 06:05 PM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Post Nissan Skyline GT-R R35 Concept Photos

The Nissan Skyline GT-R R35 Concept has been unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Show this year.

Nissan will continue building the GT-R in the 21st Century, providing the ultimate driving pleasure to even more people worldwide. In its next generation Nissan is looking to introducing the GT-R in other markets worldwide.

In pursuit of ultimate driving pleasure
Successive generations of the GT-R have consistently pursued the ultimate in driving pleasure. Over the years, the GT-R has continued to be a supreme-performance road-going car that delivers superb driving pleasure by responding faithfully to the driver's demands. Just sitting in the driver's seat of the GT-R produces a feeling of excitement that envelops the entire body.
Achieving the ultimate in driving pleasure means that the car must perform exactly as the driver expects. Meeting this expectation requires a faithful response to the driving actions executed by the driver, and the car must convey accurate information to the driver. In other words, the driver has to be able to judge the vehicle's state accurately and instantaneously. Then, through the car's consistently response to the accelerator pedal, steering wheel and brake pedal, the driver enjoys the pleasure of controlling the car at will. There is feeling of solid trust and oneness that forms between the driver and the car in this process, confidently bringing out both the driver's skill and the car's maximum potential.

Consistently providing the best specifications available in every era
If drivers are to enjoy the ultimate in driving pleasure, the car's potential must be raised to the utmost limits. Successive generations of the GT-R have truly incorporated superior specifications even among vehicles in this segment. With its unrivaled power, the engine has delivered outstanding acceleration and top speed combined with a driving sensation. A superior braking system has provided powerful braking performance, and an outstanding suspension has enabled the GT-R to corner with remarkable quickness.
The GT-R has been the showcase for the highest levels of acceleration, cornering and stopping capabilities. The delicate balance between the powerful engine and responsive suspension has been pushed as each system surpassed last generation technology.
As a result of that never-ending process, the GT-R has continued to embody the most advanced technologies available in every era.

Expanding the tradition globally in the 21st-Century
Successive generations of the GT-R have already established an unshakable position in Japan as a result of incorporating the highest levels of technology available in pursuit of ultimate driving pleasure. That superior performance transcended the oceans to make the GT-R the focus of envious looks the world over. Nissan is developing a new generation of GT-R for the 21st Century with the aim of placing it in the spotlight of the global stage, beyond the borders of the Japanese market.

The GT-R displayed at the 2001 Tokyo Motor Show is a concept vehicle which delivers "Ultimate Driving Pleasure" with the best in world-class

This concept car is well... ' 'different' ' .. I doubt this is how the production version will look, but this car does have something special in it. Let's hope for the best!
Old 10-24-2001, 06:30 PM   #2
R35
AF Enthusiast

Hey Igor

Me no like the look of it, but I do like the fact that they are trying and chances for a US version has gone up.

Also for everyone who has been talking about "I hate the new Skyline, it should never come to the states blah blah". As you can see the new Skyline is only the SEDAN version and this is JUST the concept for the GT-R.

The fun starts now

Here are a few other concepts from the Tokyo Auto show. http://www.autonews.com/page.cms?pageId=153 Some look like fun, others just plain scarry. Either way all cars have to start somewhere.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:35 PM   #3
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Also, I can not help but note.. this picture was posted here on AF some time ago, by a person who simply posted it, and never came back or explained where these pictures originated:

Picture posted looooong time ago-

The concept officially released by Nissan-

This rendering is WAY TOO similar to the official concept released by Nissan. Something's going on here... I wish the person who posted this a while ago could come back and maybe give us some kind of an explanation ....
Old 10-24-2001, 07:58 PM   #4
R35
AF Enthusiast

Creepy?! But no doubt they are very similar and therefore chances are high that the first photo is also valid as a very early concept.

It would be nice to hear more info. Especially some "educating" of the public outside of Japan of the difference in the many versions of Skylines that have come out.

BTW: Take a look at this photo of the Fairlady Z (350Z):

It's a huge file, but you can check out the larger version and look for yourself. I smell photochop. Chances that the GT-R photo's have been doctored are also high since both photo's came from the same Nissan site.

http://www.nissan.co.jp/MS/PRESS/EN/...airlady_z.html

I'll post the Z stuff in the Z folder, but thought the fact that the Fairlady had some photochoping done to it made me think that the GT-R photo's may not all be 100%
Attached Images
File Type: jpg extra_mirror.jpg (77.8 KB, 51843 views)
Old 10-24-2001, 08:03 PM   #5
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

You do realize that these photos are coming from the OFFICIAL Nissan Website right?
Old 10-24-2001, 08:09 PM   #6
R35
AF Enthusiast

Yup. That is why I was questioning the Z photo.

To self I said, "Self, why would Nissan have a photochopped picture of the new Z?".

The Z looks great and near (if not already) complete.

The GT-R concept, although I don't care too much for its look does bring some great idea's to the table for the next version of the GT-R.

That's why the odd mirror is puzzling me
Old 10-24-2001, 09:23 PM   #7
Ultimateone
AF Regular

speechless.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:59 PM   #8
gabedude
AF Newbie

http://www.nissan.co.jp/MS/PRESS/EN/...EASE/gt-r.html

Quote:
Expanding the tradition globally in the 21st-Century
Successive generations of the GT-R have already established an unshakable position in Japan as a result of incorporating the highest levels of technology available in pursuit of ultimate driving pleasure. That superior performance transcended the oceans to make the GT-R the focus of envious looks the world over. Nissan is developing a new generation of GT-R for the 21st Century with the aim of placing it in the spotlight of the global stage, beyond the borders of the Japanese market.

Notice it is LHD! You guessed it, my next car will be an R35 GTR!
Old 10-24-2001, 11:02 PM   #9
gabedude
AF Newbie

ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
ITS COMING TO THE US
:frog: :frog: :finger: :frog: :finger: :smoka: :frog: :alien: :licker: :smoker: :flash: :sun: :smoker2: :frog: :frog: :frog: :finger:
Old 10-24-2001, 11:08 PM   #10
VicenteFox
AF Newbie

HOLY BONER POPPER BATMAN
Old 10-24-2001, 11:09 PM   #11
gabedude
AF Newbie

One correction please Nissan:

:frog:
Old 10-24-2001, 11:25 PM   #12
MR Yasir
AF Newbie

Gabedude, that looks a lot better.
Let's not forget that this is only a concept.
At least it still has the round taillights.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:39 PM   #13
Tuarus SHO
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by gabedude
One correction please Nissan:

:frog:
<br>
Damn! That one looks WAY better.:frog:
Old 10-25-2001, 10:01 AM   #14
GTS-4 Ben
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to GTS-4 Ben
I think it has some potential.

I made a small picture.. quick so don't hassle me about it

Low it looks better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modconcept.jpg (46.0 KB, 51380 views)
Old 10-25-2001, 12:05 PM   #15
G20t Driver
AF Newbie

I can't help but notice the steering wheel is on the left side. Does that mean it will be imported to the U.S.? That would be awesome!!!!! I just hope that it doesn't get detuned if it does.

Also, if they bring it over will the price go down as a result of lower tariffs?