Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Initial D
Initial D Japanese Cartoon Racing, Drifting and more.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 04:59 AM   #106
DrftMustang
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Street racing story, kinda like Ini-D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRbOShOpPiNgCaRt
Sounds like you need a girl friend...
Thats some messed up thing to write Turbo. I think he's on to something big..very intresting, could I please get your whole story or what ever you have done emailed to me please. Keep up the good work..and why not a nice mustang in the story while your at it (just hoping) "Don't let stupid people put you down"
DrftMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 03:15 PM   #107
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Street racing story, kinda like Ini-D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftMustang
and why not a nice mustang in the story while your at it (just hoping)
I've got two in the second part, actually. It has a domestic theme, so I got to include lots of them. There's an old Fox body, then an '03 Cobra.

Post up your email, and I'll send you what I've got so far.

McDiddy, part 3 is going to be very long. Sorry. With as long as I hope it will be(200pgs+), I'm only about 1/4 finished.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:58 PM   #108
McDiddy
AF Regular

Re: Street racing story, kinda like Ini-D...

thats heavy. you should copyright it, then send it to a bunch of book companies. not just the title, but copy right thestory as a whole
McDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:29 AM   #109
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, technically the stories are copyrighted when I finish them. That's why I put that by the title. If someone ripped off my work, I'd at least be able to sue for what they made off of it. Nothing more, though. That requires actually paying for copyright protection.

I still want to be able to get full copyright protection later down the road.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:56 AM   #110
DrftMustang
AF Newbie

my email is Drftmustangr@aol.com thanks in advance. Honestly I think your novel or screenplay will sale. Good stuff once again... and as always don't mind the stupid people their just upset because their brains aren't capable of writing something this intresting.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:30 AM   #111
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

You've got mail!
Old 05-26-2004, 01:09 PM   #112
Cleaner
AF Newbie

Hey VQuick!

I sent you an e-mail and PM earlier and decided to just post here as well. I finally finish reading all 8 pages of this post, I couldn't put down the story yesterday. I honestly have to say I haven't have the enjoyment of read like this for a long time. If you want to have your work posted on to a website, I'll be more than willing to help you any way possible. Can you send me a copy of what you have completed so far? I want to read them at its entiredy. My e-mail address is cleaner@extremejoy.net thanks in advance. All I can say thus far about your story is "WOW!"

Quick note:
- Since I'm asian I would like to request to see more asian to be in the story, regardless of if they're helpful in the plot or just an annoying add-on character.
- Great taste of putting an old school Mini Cooper, I'm a Mini Cooper fan, HUGE FAN! What can I say, I'm a Mini lover!
- I'm so happy that there's a character that's pretty close to my name even though it's not identical. (Ajay)
- This may sound kind of weird to you but can you make those characters a little bit shorter? Aside from Darren which is 5'1" and Shin which is 5'7" (my height, I LOVE IT!) I don't think there's any other characters there that's really considered short. I'm currently in Southern California and I don't really see a lot of tell men walking on the street here. I mean, Vin Diesel is only 5'9" and Jamie Fox is around 5'5" and Ja Rule is around 5'2" (aprox., I think?). If you are ever going to make this a movie like you said, casting is going to be hard.
- By the way, you've mentioned that you want this to be as low budget as possible if it were ever come out to a film, right? I personally would think that a car like a viper or Lambogini would be expensive even if you were to rent them just for shots. Do you have any other ideas like bringing down the car to make it more cost effective? I used to work at Fox and I did come acorss some people who work in films and they said that things like props are very costly. That's just my 2 cents and I just want to see this story to go where it should go, best seller's shelf...
- By the way, EVO. VII RS is a very rare car to find especially in the U.S., I only see one and I think it will be very hard to get people to believe that a regular Joe can get something like that regardless if Shin is a well known race mechanic. I know in Initial D Bunta was able to aquired a "Group A" racing engine, but if you want to make your story more realistic it's going to have to let go of something that's a little bit hard to find and stick to something that's more common to people's eyes, regardless if they are enthusist or not.

Thank you,
A.J.
Cleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #113
ExoWraith
AF Newbie

i read through all the pages i think its a really great story

exowraith@yahoo.com
ExoWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:11 PM   #114
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hey VQuick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleaner
I sent you an e-mail and PM earlier and decided to just post here as well.
Yeah, I was at work when I got your messages. Didn't have the stories on that PC. I'm home now, and I just sent them out to you and ExoWraith.

Quote:
Quick note:
- Since I'm asian I would like to request to see more asian to be in the story, regardless of if they're helpful in the plot or just an annoying add-on character.
I was thinking about adding one more, at least in the first. It'd be really easy to do.

Quote:
- Great taste of putting an old school Mini Cooper, I'm a Mini Cooper fan, HUGE FAN! What can I say, I'm a Mini lover!
Thanks. I like 'em a lot, and it'll look better than jumping on the new Mini bandwagon. Wait 'til you see what the Mini driver has to face off against. Hint: Think of a controversial high performance vehicle that is the total opposite of the lightweight Mini.

Quote:
- I'm so happy that there's a character that's pretty close to my name even though it's not identical. (Ajay)
I'm almost finished with the race he appears in.

Quote:
- This may sound kind of weird to you but can you make those characters a little bit shorter? Aside from Darren which is 5'1" and Shin which is 5'7" (my height, I LOVE IT!) I don't think there's any other characters there that's really considered short. I'm currently in Southern California and I don't really see a lot of tell men walking on the street here. I mean, Vin Diesel is only 5'9" and Jamie Fox is around 5'5" and Ja Rule is around 5'2" (aprox., I think?). If you are ever going to make this a movie like you said, casting is going to be hard.
Darren is 5'11. Must've been a typo. Amber is 5'1", Kelly is 5'6", Scott is about Darren's height, etc. The taller people I have are Kenneth at 6'3", Dante and Gunnar at 6'2", Leo at 6'4".

Quote:
- By the way, you've mentioned that you want this to be as low budget as possible if it were ever come out to a film, right? I personally would think that a car like a viper or Lambogini would be expensive even if you were to rent them just for shots.
My thoughts on keeping costs down mainly applied to the first part. If the first movie was a success, it would probably be acceptable to spend more money on the others.

Quote:
Do you have any other ideas like bringing down the car to make it more cost effective? I used to work at Fox and I did come acorss some people who work in films and they said that things like props are very costly.
To keep costs down for the first movie, there were several ideas I had.

1. I wanted to keep the amount of destructive stunts down. That means less copies of vehicles are needed, as opposed to 2F2F having anywhere from three to six copies of each vehicle. The biggest stunt in the first story is a short jump.
2. Most of the cars are pretty plain. That means very little prep is needed aside from making sure the car is the right color. The modifications described in the story do not necessarily need to be carried out for the movie cars. For the most part, there are no extravagant designs, paintjob, bodykits, etc. Most of the cars that do have such things see little or no action at all. They just sit around and look good, or bad, depending on personal opinion.
3. The 'stunt' driving will be quite extensive since the story is about racing, so I thought about trying to hire local autocross drivers rather than 'professional' stunt drivers.
4. Don't really need any big stars for the actors, either. It would've be nice, because I was thinking Ryan Reynolds could be Scott, Josh Hartnett could play the bad boy Kenneth, and Anne Hathaway would be Jenny the romantic interest. But in the interest of keeping costs down, some fairly unknown actors and actresses would be better.

Quote:
- By the way, EVO. VII RS...
Yeah, I know how rare it is. I also know where to get one in the US, and the way Scott gets the Evo is well integrated into the story, imho. I just have to write it. I haven't gotten that far in part 3 yet.

Thanks for the thoughts. Keep 'em coming!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:05 PM   #115
Cleaner
AF Newbie

Thanks!

You explained a lot, I understand now. I'm going to read the 2 stories you e-mailed me and I'll make sure to participate in some idea inputs. CAN'T WAIT TO READ THESE STORIES!

I can't wait to see the Mini Cooper race! I love it. By the way, I hate the new Minis! Well, not really hate but I really love the old school ones. After all, the old ones are the one that becomes the legend and make the name for all "Mini"s out there. I have 1986 AE86 Trueno GT-S Liftback with 20V 4A-GTE Turbo charged engine swap, can I be Bryan? Well, the asian Bryan or his evil but poor twin or something since I can't afford the 3SGTE and got a 20V 4AGTE instead...

Thanks VQuick!,
A.J.

Last edited by Cleaner; 05-27-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:03 AM   #116
ExoWraith
AF Newbie

Thanks!

Its a really a nice story
ExoWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:33 PM   #117
Cleaner
AF Newbie

Hey Joel,

Question, Have you ever think about creating a twin character who race? I haven't been into much anime lately so I'm not sure if this kind of thing has been done or played out already? Just a thought.

Thank you,
A.J.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:18 PM   #118
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Twins? The thought had crossed my mind. I didn't know how to pull something like that off without seeming too cliched. That doesn't just happen in anime, either. Lots of sci-fi things will have a sort of Gemini thing going on, too.

I really don't have room for something like that in the existing stories, either. It'd be too hard to work that in. I could try to fit that into either the 4th or 5th stories I have ideas for.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:22 PM   #119
Cleaner
AF Newbie

4th or 5th? I thought is was a trilogy? Oh well, I don't mind reading them, heck, I'm almost done wih your first one, can't put them down! Any who, maybe you can make a twin that race and only repersent themselves. Like driver A and driver B , they're not in any group because they enjoy having just the two of them. Each one have his own style (or her, the twin can be twin girls too, you know?), both can have the identical cars but very different setup. One can have a turbo charge and love to attack at the straight and the other runs super charge and love to attack at the corners, you know?, something like that. Have them be sneaky and make driver A challenge for the race but driver B race instead so you never know which one you are actually racing against and that will drive you crazy trying to figure them out. How does that sound to you? Will it fly? I hope so?

Thanks,
A.J.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:08 AM   #120
DrftMustang
AF Newbie

Hey I just finished reading your two stories and man they were GREAT!! I'll make sure to by a copy if you ever publish them...One more thing why does that guy Chad have drive a Mustang he's such a dick. Preferably I request another ad-on mustang to your story..with a more well rounded character who isn't such a dick! But once again your stories are..how Tony the tiger would say it GRRRRRREAAAAAT! send me more stories if you have them. I think I just found another author I enjoy reading from...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Initial D