Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Videos Got a crazy video to share?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 11:14 PM   #16
OCUJer
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the best Top Gear/5TH Gear video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean 350
And what european car do you own so that you know their strengths?
Oh and you want American Supercars try the Ford GT or better yet the Lingenfelter Corvette. THOSE are true cars and will beat any European car. I know the Europeans have good cars but so do the Americans. Give credit where its due.
Must you own a Supercar to know the strengths? I think not.
Ford GT-40 is a good car, and so is the Lingenfelter Corvette. As for the Corvette I lump it in with the Hennessey Venoms, it is an aftermarket upgrade to an existing product. Sure you buy it the car new but then it is shipped off and the upgrades are completed, this is not the same as buying a supercar off the showroom floor. As for the GT-40 it looks very promising, but I have yet to see much data on the car other than a 3.3 sec-0 to 60, and a 1/4 mile time of 11.6@128mph.
http://www.fordgt.net/
John Force proved that any "redneck" can make a car go straight and fast, lets see cars that can drive.
I want to see road race testing on the new GT-40 before I can judge if this thing is a keeper or another Ford flop.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:40 PM   #17
91300zxtt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 91300zxtt
Re: What is the best Top Gear/5TH Gear video?

well i think that asshole needs to back off you we were having a good convo about cars. but the gt-40 was on car and driver the other day and it beat out the porsche gt2 i believe and the 360 modena so its no SUPERCAR but id love to have it. now if we were talkin carrera gt and f50 than id say super car but back off the guy newb hes cool as hell
Old 06-13-2004, 11:35 AM   #18
OCUJer
AF Enthusiast

Um...which @$$hole were you refering to with the above post?
Old 06-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #19
91300zxtt
AF Enthusiast

mean 350
Old 06-13-2004, 12:48 PM   #20
Mean 350
AF Newbie

Damn chill out I didn't want to start a war. But I just hate it when people don't give credit to American cars. I personally think it's damn good that the Ford GT could swing with the porsche and ferrari on its debut year. As for one to have to own a car to know its strengths, I said that because of your reply of , " Exactly I know this because I know the limitations of american vehicles and the strengths of the European cars."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
As for 91300zxtt just shut the fuck up. Nobody's talking to your sorry ass.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:06 PM   #21
OCUJer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean 350
But I just hate it when people don't give credit to American cars credit. I personally think it damn good that the Ford GT could swing with the porsche and ferrari on its debut year. As for one to have to own a car to know its strengths, I said that because of your reply of , " Exactly I know this because I know the limitations of american vehicles and the strengths of the European cars."
I do not hesitate to give credit where credit is due, as I have stated before I love American Muscle I think its great that they try to put out supercars. However, my point was that the Europeans are the Kings of the Supercar, they produce more models of supercars than any other area, and those supercars consistently out-perform the rest of the compitition. You cannot deny that American auto-makers have only made a token attempt at the supercar market. The Viper and the GT-40 are nice rides, but they are only one model from two different car manufacturers. As for the Corvette well it is a nice car but it cannot compete with the big boys without serious modifications.

---------------------------
And the reason I said "Exactly, I know this because I know the limitations of american vehicles and the stregnths of the European cars" because I like to read up on vehicles and I like to pay attention to different comparison tests. That and as someone who loves American muscle I think I am in a pretty good position to criticise their efforts to date. They can do better, they choose not too.
---------------------------
Oh, yeah, can't we all just get along! LOL
Old 06-13-2004, 01:37 PM   #22
Mean 350
AF Newbie

Re: Re: What is the best Top Gear/5TH Gear video?

[quote=OCUJer]I do not hesitate to give credit where credit is due, as I have stated before I love American Muscle I think its great that they try to put out supercars. However, my point was that the Europeans are the Kings of the Supercar, they produce more models of supercars than any other area, and those supercars consistently out-perform the rest of the compitition. You cannot deny that American auto-makers have only made a token attempt at the supercar market. The Viper and the GT-40 are nice rides, but they are only one model from two different car manufacturers. As for the Corvette well it is a nice car but it cannot compete with the big boys without serious modifications.
-----------------------------
Yeah, it's true that the Europeans have the some of the best supercars around but I think that American cars could have an easier time catching up to them,if the goverment didn't put so many obstacles on them when their building cars. As for the Corvette your damn right its a nice car, but it targets middle class people as it consumers with a somewhat low price range. Unfortunatley it does have to sacrifice performance to be an affordable sports car, but for the price that is one hell of a car. As for can't we all get along,.....well no! j/p. I'm not trying to start a fight just trying to make a point.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:07 PM   #23
91300zxtt
AF Enthusiast

HAHA ok newbie you know you also told this guy how would he know anything about cars when he drives a truck it says in your profile you also drive a truck therfore by your standards your reply is not qualified to anwser either. and yes we were talkin no one said anything to you until you decided to barge in

i guess since i drive a 300zx i am more qualified to answer than you sorry
Old 06-13-2004, 03:03 PM   #24
Mean 350
AF Newbie

Re: Re: What is the best Top Gear/5TH Gear video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91300zxtt

HAHA ok newbie you know you also told this guy how would he know anything about cars when he drives a truck it says in your profile you also drive a truck therfore by your standards your reply is not qualified to anwser either. and yes we were talkin no one said anything to you until you decided to barge in

i guess since i drive a 300zx i am more qualified to answer than you sorry
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I was talking to OCUJer and trying to make a point not to you, so I guess that makes you the one who's barging in doesnt it. And yeah I own and drive a truck but I also DRIVE a 350 Camaro. Ohh and last time I checked your car was Jap. not European or American and by no means a Supercar. So I guess that doesn't make you more qualified to answer anything, especially a question that wasn't even directed at you. Does it? Sorry.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:27 PM   #25
91300zxtt
AF Enthusiast

really then how about the statement to shut the fuck up 91300zxtt? and by the way bet u 100 bucks ill smoke your ass if we were to race twin turbo baby look at the list of what i got then you can talk
Old 06-13-2004, 03:41 PM   #26
Mean 350
AF Newbie

Yeah the shut the fuck up was after you "barged" in. Hey, and maybe you can beat me in a race. But then again OCUJer and I were comparing European and American cars, we weren't talking about racing each others cars. And in that subject you got owned. And anyone can SAY they have all this shit done to their cars and all but without proof it dont mean shit. So just mind your own buisness and fuck off internet gangsta.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:54 PM   #27
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

OK, that'll be enough of the flaming thank you, please flame away in PM's, see if I care- but not in the public forums please/

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos