Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 106
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
Impurity
AF Newbie

Peugeot 106 ticking noise (from fuse box?)

Hi guys,

Im a car dummy and am looking for any advice you all can offer. i can install radio's and amps and change bulbs and tyres etc, but anything else im clueless. I am however a PC/Laptop/TV engineer so i like to play with machines myself

Basically, I had been away for a year and my car was idle, it went to the mechanic to get a full service and he had to suprise suprise change the battery aswell cause it was dead......ever since that, it works and drives fine and all the electrics work fine.....but every now and then, completely randomly, i hear this ticking noise from the passenger side. It appears to be coming from the fuse box behind the glove compartment, so I took out all the fuses and checked them (all fine) and re seated them, it still happens.

It also sounds like the same thing that makes the indicator ticking noise, except as if it has gone faulty and ticks about 10 times a second for a few seconds randomly. It happens completely randomly, when stopped/moving, when cold/warm, just turned the engine on/been driving for hours...even with radio uninstalled, amp off this happens. happens during day or at night when lights are on. doesn't seem to have anything to do with power steering or turning of the wheel in certain directions or anything. It doesn't seem to be associated to any kind of thing i do while im in the car....its completely random!! This noise can only be heard from inside the car, not outside or under bonnet....i had someone sit inside and tell me when it happened and i couldn't hear anything other than the engine. Haven't really tested to see if it happens when engine is off and ignition is on cause i don't wanna dead battery!

Im thinking maybe something to do with the new battery (maybe wrong ampage or something?) or maybe it IS that particular component that makes the indicator ticking noise gone faulty or something.....any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!
Impurity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
jericlin
AF Newbie

Question Re: Peugeot 106 ticking noise (from fuse box?)

Did you ever resolve this problem ? Its just started on my 106 so any clues would be welcome
jericlin is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 106