Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 06:28 AM   #31
o|||||||o
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to o|||||||o
Re: 250cc sport bike with fuel injection

Saturn,

You got a job?

I gotta see a paycheck to believe that one! When you get a paycheck you come see me! Then we'll let you call it a job!

o|||||||o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #32
chubster2003
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to chubster2003 Send a message via Yahoo to chubster2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieidiot
doesn't bother me.

i like to play

especially with goats. oops wrong forum again.
GOATS!!!! WOOHOOOOOO

haha.. thats dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesOvr8s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden2002
Oh, yeah. You must be right. I almost forgot that the car is broken in the middle so that something that pushes on the back doesn't affect the front at all. They aren't as useful for frontwheel drive cars but they still add downforce. They just don't do it as efficiently as a rear wheel drive car. Now about that offer to borrow your bike.....actually nm I don't look that good in bandages.
I just noticed this That big wing that pushes on the back actualy pushes down am i correct whitch causes a lever affect using the back wheels as the pivot point whitch actualy reduces traction on a front wheel drive car...meaning the wing does have a point...help you lose control...
ya the wing thing makes almost no sense but thats also what the front body kit is for.. create front downforce... but the wing takes that away so then again its all for looks.. f'n posers

and tangie i aint goin to dis on u getting a job... GIT-R-DUN... what you doin?..

2006 CBR 600rr
1996 VW Golf GTI (2.slow)
1978 Chevy C-10 (350ci)
chubster2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:49 PM   #33
therealrayman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to therealrayman Send a message via Yahoo to therealrayman
Re: Re: 250cc sport bike with fuel injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrajas
if you want the image of a sport bike, don't even consider the 250r. It will just disappoint you. A buddy of mine tried to start on one of those and traded it 4 months later for a 600. 600 is the way to go!
What you just said is the mistake that most younger people make when getting their first bike, and egging aiden on to buy a 600cc bike when he only has minimal experience is reckless and not cool. Most people think they need a really fast bike just because they can handle a little gz250. Stick with the 250 for like 8months to a year, you'll be surprised at how much more control you'll have over your next bike. And what the others said is true, a 250 will smoke almost ANY car on the quarter ^^, my Ninja 250R was my first bike ( and i still own it, along side my 600RR), and when i take it out to ride, i still pwn the integras and all the civics with no problem, i rarely ever even get to 3 gear before they give up, because all they see are my taillights. I'm telling you, for safety, health, and common sense, stick with a 250 at first, you'll be happy you did.

P.S. One issue noone has addressed yet is that most/all people drop their bikes at one time or another. Would you rather drop a cheap 250? or a 9,000$ 600cc bike? If you haven't laid one down yet, then you will...And just because you're not on it doesn't mean you can't knock it down.

Just head the others words please and stick with a 250, its a great bike...Also, if you're that worried about not looking sporty, you can always cruise with your feet on the back pegs, it gives you a different riding style and appearance, instead of sitting straight up, if thats what you're worried about. I hope this helps. Don't become a motorcycle statistic.

1990 Nissan 240sx XE
-Newly machined head just put on.
-Will be back on the street soon...

"My car won't start, what should I do?"
"Did you check your headlight fluid?" <<LOL, I love it.
therealrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:28 PM   #34
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 250cc sport bike with fuel injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealrayman
if you're that worried about not looking sporty, you can always cruise with your feet on the back pegs, it gives you a different riding style and appearance, instead of sitting straight up, if thats what you're worried about. I hope this helps. Don't become a motorcycle statistic.
huh?! that's pretty reckless. unless you're planning to pull a stand-up wheelie, which also raises concern on the street, it'd make no sense what so ever.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:44 AM   #35
Aces0vr8s
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aces0vr8s Send a message via Yahoo to Aces0vr8s
Do it Do it Do it!
Aces0vr8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #36
therealrayman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to therealrayman Send a message via Yahoo to therealrayman
Re: Re: Re: Re: 250cc sport bike with fuel injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Fanatic
huh?! that's pretty reckless. unless you're planning to pull a stand-up wheelie, which also raises concern on the street, it'd make no sense what so ever.
its not reckless, it doesn't shift ur weight much at all and its great for highway cruising so you can lay down on the bike while bike handles similarly but not the same.

and no offnese, but you guys criticize stuff too much, unless you say it, you diss it = /. this forum used to be alot friendlier...

1990 Nissan 240sx XE
-Newly machined head just put on.
-Will be back on the street soon...

"My car won't start, what should I do?"
"Did you check your headlight fluid?" <<LOL, I love it.
therealrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:05 PM   #37
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 250cc sport bike with fuel injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealrayman
its not reckless, it doesn't shift ur weight much at all and its great for highway cruising so you can lay down on the bike while bike handles similarly but not the same.

and no offnese, but you guys criticize stuff too much, unless you say it, you diss it = /. this forum used to be alot friendlier...
I don't see where people are dissin over here... lol, but anyway, your advise was great, but that part made no sense at all, especially since you're passing it to a new rider who probably already had his hands full with learning how to ride, etc.

When you're basically crouching down on the bike, it greatly affects how the bike handles, it locks up the wrist, and you won't be able to manuever it as quickly you would sitting up. It makes sense in racing, but not on the street. Now lets say in a freeway, you're in full crouching position because of the wind, it only takes a 2/10 of a second to get up as you're manuevering the bike, you can also aide the lean by using the pegs, knee, hips, and tank, because both of your feet are where they should be. In traffic, it's pretty common that someone cuts you off, it's more dangerous when it happens when you're doing 80 mph on freeway. So you need all the manuevering skills as you got, as well stopping as fast as possible or swerving.

Now imagine doing all this, still learning how to control the bike, with both of you feet on the backpegs, knees barely grabbing on the tank and wrists fully locked up. And you're not sure whether you're sitting or lying on the bike. And you got no access to shifter or back brake.

When shit happens, you'd have less time and advantage to react.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #38
chubster2003
AF Regular

yeah.. dont say that to people.. i tried it once.. VERY uncomfortable and its scary because you are lifting your center of gravity.. and feel like you have no control.. i had to do it when my peg bracket broke... scarry

2006 CBR 600rr
1978 Chevy C-10 (350ci)
Old 07-19-2005, 09:12 AM   #39
daviddidit
AF Newbie

To most who have replied. When you judge someone or something, you don't define "them'-"it', you only define yourself as someone who needs to judge. I have seen a turbocharged 250[ crazy fast ],$$ though[wiseco pistons, spacer to reduce comp ratio AND retard the timing. Heat is your enemy but it can be done[ even on an air cooled ]. Don't get hung up on F.I. ALSO, the best way to save your a!s is get a cheap dirt or dual[ as wellas your streetbike] and put some hours in on all terrains. Will do wonders for your confidence. When streetriding, assume that you are a ghost and invisible to all cars.ALL CARS. The new and recent 600's will corrupt you[ power corrupts ]. These are 10-11 second[1/4 mile] machines and will leave a 1988 750 ninja at the crosswalk. Try CBR400rr, Zx4, "Best upgradeable< Yamaha fzr400!!!> Can be easily modified to 80 hp up to 92hp"!!! from stock 60 horse without forced induction,[surf the web and you'll find it]. CBR 250 RR is decent first bike[ awesome handling ]. Save your life and invest 8-900 bucks and flirt with the dirt, then resell. Good luck.
daviddidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:14 AM   #40
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

back to the weird seat position topic,

i used to ride with my shins resting on the rear footrests. takes the load of your ass on long rides. when on a 250 you need to do stuff to move around.

i didn't think i "dissed" anyone other than the guy who said not to waste your time with a 250. sorry if i did.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #41
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden2002
And big ass wings have a purpose, it's called downforce.
Come on, man...you know what he was talking about. Shit like this:

Unless your car is FAST ENOUGH to actually NEED the added downforce, you don't HAVE a purpose for a wing like that!

Example of a car that actually CAN use the downforce...

Now THAT car can use the downforce...

mmm...Nismo 400R...yummy...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:48 PM   #42
chubster2003
AF Regular

lol back to the downforce.. haha.. and YES that car is definateally using the rear wing.. those car's are so pimp...

2006 CBR 600rr
1978 Chevy C-10 (350ci)
Old 07-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #43
King Of Crunk
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces0vr8s
Yes Mother...j/k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces0vr8s
if you drive a civic your obviously not accustomed to speed go buy a goldwing it will still imbarass your civic in a quarter also the big bulky saddle bags are kinda like that big wing on the back of your car except the saddle bags actualy have a use they hold stuff!
grow up you fucking asshole..... ...all the dude said was that he likes a car that uses technology to make it perform better....and i think you're in no position to randomly flame people when you only have 100 posts....i don't have much more but i would give the dude advice instead of ripping on him over the internet....

DO IT REAL BIG CREW #1
THE OLD DIRTY BASTARDS CREW #5
2004 Honda CBR 1000RR - It Gets The Ladies
2004 Caddilac Escalade - Brings 'Em Home
King Of Crunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:13 AM   #44
Aces0vr8s
AF Regular

would you like me to give examples of all his stupidity? this guy is one of the peopel that give everyone else a bad name he gives people with imports a bad name and hed give bike riders a bad name we dont need any more statistics re read all the posts then tell me who you should be flameing so shut up untill you actualy know what your talking about thanks-Brian
Old 07-23-2005, 12:21 AM   #45
Aces0vr8s
AF Regular

I drive a Honda Civic, which should tell you that my motto is technology is the replacement for displacement(There is NO replacement for DISPLACEMENT) . Fuel injection is technology (great for a turbo, hehe)(turbo charged bike thats all a squid needs) Also since I drive a Civic, that is an almost dead giveaway that image is important(that way he can pick up the 15 year old freshmen girls and attempt unsuccessfully to deflower them) , which is why I want a sport bike.

big ass wings have a purpose, it's called downforce(Does NOTHING to a front wheel drive less you put it on the hood try that for your "style") . Goldwings look like shit(thats a flame) , IMO. Like i said in my first post, it's got to have a certain style(or else the 15 year old freshmen girls wont like me) .

They aren't as useful for frontwheel drive cars but they still add downforce(no...they dont they actualy hurt you on a frontwheel drive) . They just don't do it as efficiently as a rear wheel drive car(must not add that much how many camaros and vettes firebirds mustangs etc you see at a drag strip with a wing the size of a 10 year old child) .

suppose i didn't specify why i want a 250 with fuel injection. I want it because you could upgrade it{why why why that is just stupidity you can buy a 600 for less then a 250! upgrade bigger motor come on!)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes