Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Gallardo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
AF News Desk
Your Source For Auto News

Post The Gallardo goes topless and RWD

Lamborghini is dating itself with the latest iteration of the Gallardo, releasing the LP 550-2 Spyder with rear-wheel-drive.

Revealing the car at the LA Auto Show, Lamborghini announced the drop-top would produce 550 hp and reach 62 mph in 4.2 seconds.

The story from AutoWeek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Migliore - AutoWeek, 11/16/11

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Spyder adds rear-drive power, open-air fun

Lamborghini is adding a rear-wheel-drive convertible version to the Gallardo range, offering 550 hp for open-air speeds.

Lamborghini revealed the Gallardo LP 550-2 Spyder at an event on Wednesday evening as part of several days of festivities surrounding the Los Angeles auto show. The V10 supercar was retuned to handle the prodigious power going to the rear wheels, and it has different damper settings and aerodynamics than its all-wheel sibling.

This new Gallardo can blitz to 62 mph in 4.2 seconds en route to a top speed of 198 mph. It checks in at 3,351 pounds, with 47 percent/53 percent front-to-rear distribution. Torque is rated at 398 lb-ft. The engine is paired with a six-speed or optional e-gear sequential transmission.

The convertible is a soft top, and the rear differential has a 45 percent limited-slip setup.

The last time a rear-drive convertible was in the Lamborghini lineup was the 1998 Diablo SV Roadster.
[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

I wish I could say it's getting kind of boring seeing another version of a Gallardo, but I would be lying.

I really like the look of this spyder - for some reason it has a classic vibe to it and reminds me a great deal of the aforementioned Diablo SV Roadster.

That said, it's nice to see Lamborghini switching things up a bit. I think this will be a nice addition to the Gallardo family (and yet another car for my "I can't afford that" wish-list).

Email newsdesk@automotiveforums.com or send us a private message with a link to the content you think AF Members should check out!
AF News Desk is offline   Reply With Quote