Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 02:12 PM   #1
redrabbit
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to redrabbit
what is there to do to a 2002 neon to get as much horse as possible

can anyone help me i want to upgrade my 2002 chysler neon r/t and i want to know what i should do to get the best preformance
i know that u can get a stage I and II, air intake, nos, cam, and headers but what is the best way to go

Last edited by redrabbit; 07-09-2003 at 04:05 PM.
redrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 03:13 PM   #2
Ringo
Banned

Re: what is there to do to a neon and where can u find it

Quote:
Originally posted by redrabbit
i heard that turbos can really mess up an engine if not done right
gosh! I guess nitro will be much safer.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
redrabbit
AF Newbie

its only what i heard that u need some certain parts so u don't fuck up ur turbo or ur engine u don't have to be an retard over a simple Q
Old 07-09-2003, 03:45 PM   #4
Ringo
Banned

Quote:
hey its only what i heard u need some certain parts so u don't fuck up ur turbo or ur engine
WHY DO YOU THINK THEY USE A TURBO ON THE SRT-4 ???
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 03:47 PM   #5
redrabbit
AF Newbie

ya i know they used a turbo on the srt-4 but if ur buying the parts what do u need
Old 07-09-2003, 04:31 PM   #6
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Re: what is there to do to a 2002 neon to get as much horse as possible

Quote:
can anyone help me i want to upgrade my 2002 chysler neon r/t and i want to know what i should do to get the best preformance
i know that u can get a stage I and II, air intake, nos, cam, and headers but what is the best way to go

www.modernperformance.com
KatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 11:51 AM   #7
Skyy309
AF Newbie

I'm not too sure about a turbo. I've never really messed around w/ any of that. but if your looking for other ways to upgrade your neon, especially the suspension, then go to www.sportcompactcarweb.com and then click on project cars. it has a great how to article on upgrading the suspension and it has links to all of the manufacturers of the parts so that you can actually find the parts. it has another how to article on upgrading the engine but I think a turbo would give you much better results. hope that helps. and good luck on the turbo. keep us posted!
Skyy309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 03:38 PM   #8
trvlngcow
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to trvlngcow
Re: Re: what is there to do to a 2002 neon to get as much horse as possible

Quote:
Originally posted by KatWoman

www.modernperformance.com
I agree. And they know Neons.
trvlngcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 10:15 AM   #9
mikenowitzke
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mikenowitzke
I'm planning on doing the 2.4 swap. I was thinking of just pulling one out of a stratus... Does anyone know what fits best into a 98 espresso ? I would think that it would all be the same, but I haven't delt too much with the space under the hood. Oh, and also, I'm going to do a manual trans swap too. So does anyone know of any difficulties of putting a 2.4 from the stratus .. with its manual trans in a neon ? I don't want to put money into this stuff if I go to put it in and it doesn't fit. If you have any advice, or a good step by step on doing the swap.. email me mnowitzke@wwnet.net

Thanks.
mikenowitzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 12:03 PM   #10
Projectcivic96
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Projectcivic96
I own a neon my self. Ive got header, intake, pulleys, plugs, and vibrant exhaust. My exhaust is crapin out, but to reply to ur question www.modernperformance.com and www.howellautomotive.com are really good and specialize in neons. And for the people out there that say neons r pussy mobiles ur wrong cause ive takin svt contour, focus and even my buddys 93 integra ls and hes got way more shit done to mine. Hit me up on aim if u need anymore info. aim:Swassman420
Projectcivic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 09:10 AM   #11
arcdude
AF Newbie

You can get a complete turbo kit for the Neon from Hahn Racecraft. I have recently visited their facility in Northern Illinois, and I am convinced that they know what they are doing.

Their kits (stage I thru stage IV) contain everything you need to set your car up for the turbo. They are available from both Modern Performance and Howell, I believe.

There is a very good book on turbos called "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell. The book explains why doubling your horsepower by adding a turbo kit only adds about 20% more stress to your engine. The Hahn stage II kit makes a big difference in output, but not enough to double your horsepower. So the Neon engine is certainly able to handle that. But adding some heavy-duty parts to your head certainly wouldn't hurt.

As far as putting a 2.4 in your Neon, this is a pretty common thing to do. There is a kit available for the swap as well.
arcdude is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon