Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Axiom
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 12:01 PM   #1
04_AxiomXS
AF Newbie

Just Bought the car

Well after many many reviews and many many looks at various suv's i was unable to find one that was any better than the 04 axiom quite possibly the best suv on the market for the money.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Welcome aboard! how do you like that DI 3.5? What kind of MPG's are you getting? They are a sweet ride.

Joel
Old 06-05-2004, 11:19 PM   #3
04_AxiomXS
AF Newbie

Ty TY!! Well all i got to say about the D.I. 3.5 and i quote "DAMN" I mean this has power you could only hope to find in a sport compact. I mean my brother has a 2002 Eclipse and his 1/4 mile is 15.3 which is .5 faster than this SUV, now of course nobody buys a suv because of its speed but its nice to be able to blow someones doors off if its neccessary LOL!! As far as fuel economy, for an suv its not bad im averaging about 17 now that dont sound that good but keep in mind this is an SUV and with that much power its kinda hard not to wanna get in the gas pedal a little.. It would quite littlerally take me all night to talk about this vehicle so i will just tell about it a little at a time cause i might be tempted to go out and go for a drive just because LOL Also from what i understand the only other cars in the U.S. you can even get with this technology is a Rolls Royce Phantom and a BMW 760i and neither of them are under a 100,000 so for 31,000 im extremely happy.

Talk to ya later
Old 06-06-2004, 05:51 PM   #4
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Sounds like you are pretty happy with it! Your fuel economy will pick up after the engine breaks in a bit. The DI engine will also get it's best MPG's on low sulpher fuel, which is not always available. It's tuned to run on low sulpher fuel.
G/luck
Joel
Old 06-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #5
04_AxiomXS
AF Newbie

Re: Just Bought the car

Ok well now you have to elaborate on low sulfer fuel im not sure that i follow you on that
Old 06-07-2004, 08:46 AM   #6
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Just Bought the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_AxiomXS
Ok well now you have to elaborate on low sulfer fuel im not sure that i follow you on that
Low sulpher fuels will be the norm pretty soon due to EPA regulations. I don't know exactly how the Zu' DI system works, but the isuzu DI 3.5L "knows" the fuel composition you are running, and tunes itself accordingly. It can *lean* itself out better on low sulpher gasoline (something like that anyway !)
G/luck
Joel
Old 06-04-2005, 09:40 PM   #7
axiom_drvr
AF Newbie

re new 04 Axiom

We also recently bought an 04 Axiom, and now am looking for some info from other Axiom owners....the reason is I checked the oil at 2000 miles and it was 1/4 quart low, topped it off and checked again at 3000 and its 1/4 qrt low again. Called dealer to schedule oil change and service rep told me that it is typical of Isuzu's to use 1/2 - 1 quart oil every 3000 miles. We like our Axiom, runs great, looks great...etc but I have never heard of new engines using oil, other than perhaps during the 1st few thousand mile break-in period. I am also disappointed that this oil usage thing was not mentioned in any of the auto magazine reviews, nor by the dealer while we were considering the purchase (well, I can understand the dealer leaving this detail out).

Let me know if any other Axiom owners experience this oil usage issue, and if there are any solutions besides constantly checking the oil every thousand miles....should have been noted by Isuzu as part of the maintanence schedule
axiom_drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:15 AM   #8
amigo-2k
Isuzu Guy

Re: Just Bought the car

If you read throught your manual the Isuzu spec is 1 qt per 1000 miles is within spec.

Yes, most +98 Isuzu use oil, and a lot of Trooper owners have problems with running the engine dry and blowing the motors.

see the FAQ link below for more Oil usage info.

Car Show Tips
Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement
FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper

SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd
amigo-2k is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Axiom