Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > MDX | Pilot
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
carbuyer27
AF Newbie

Smile 2006 Honda Pilot not moving freely/Sounds like the e-brake is still on

I have a 2006 Honda Pilot and whenever I put it in Drive or Reverse it does not move instantly on it's own. It will move on a flat road after 2 seconds, but rather slowly. I feel that the car is suppose to move faster/ instantly when put into drive, and without having to hit the gas peddle.

There is no bang, or thump noise to indicate tranny issues when a gear is selected, because it shifts great when driving. The fluid is good. The problem is very prevalent when on a driveway. The car will not reverse without hitting the gas pedal, and it will not roll down the driveway instantly when put into drive. When it does roll down I can hear a sound like the parking brake is engaging. My Pilot is suppose to move on it's own when in R,but it does not. I can hear a sound like a brake related issues at the back.

The parking break works great because I put in in Neutral on a downward slope and the car did not move. However I can hear the noise coming from the back, like the brake is clamping on to the rotors or something. I jacked up the front and rear, and spun the wheels, they moved freely, so I don't think it is a locked up caliper or maybe it could. Please help, I don't want to take it to the Honda Dealer until I trouble shoot on my own first.
carbuyer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: 2006 Honda Pilot not moving freely/Sounds like the e-brake is still on

The best way to test to see if a brake is hanging up is once you have gone on a longer drive walk around and touch the center part of each wheel CAREFULLY with your fingertips. If one wheel feels significantly hotter than another then you have an issue with a brake hanging up and can narrow down where you need to look.`
Old 05-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
somick
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2006 Honda Pilot not moving freely/Sounds like the e-brake is still on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
The best way to test to see if a brake is hanging up is once you have gone on a longer drive walk around and touch the center part of each wheel CAREFULLY with your fingertips. If one wheel feels significantly hotter than another then you have an issue with a brake hanging up and can narrow down where you need to look.`
Beware it may be very hot!

When did you last drain/refill transmission?

Good luck,
Sam

somick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > MDX | Pilot