Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 01:32 AM   #1
ippap
AF Newbie

What are the possibilities for this problem?

Nissan Maxima 2000 3.0 J

Sometimes the AC cools properly, and sometimes not. Usually it does at high speed, but not always. Sometimes at night but not always. And when it does, usually it carries on doing for a while before it stops cooling.

Normally before this problem happened, when I turned on the AC, it cooled and when it reached a certain temperature, the compressor went off for a little while before it worked again. It kept going on and off all the time the AC was on.

Nowadays, sometimes I notice the AC cooling very well but the compressor doesn't seem to go off at all. So I manually press the A/C button to turn the compressor off and count for 10 to 20 seconds and then turn it on again. I noticed that usually when I do that the compressor then will start doing it by itself.

What do you think of this issue?
ippap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:29 PM   #2
Jacob42
AF Newbie

Re: What are the possibilities for this problem?

The compressor on these cars doesn't cycle on and off, unlike most other vehicles. It's designed to stay engaged the entire time the AC is on and it can change its compression ratio on-demand to meet cooling needs. If it is cycling on and off that means you are most likely low on refrigerant or there is a problem with the expansion valve.
Jacob42 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35