Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 06:49 PM   #1
kris
Off playing with fire.

Question

What do you all think is better. The 2.0 Magnum I-4 found in the Dodge Neon R/T and ACR. Or, the SR20DE found in the Nissan Sentra SE-R, 200SX SE-R, NX, G20. I would like to know why you say what your answer is. Please dont just say, Dodge, caus doge rocks. I would like to know your opinion of why one is better then the other.
Old 04-30-2001, 07:12 PM   #2
John98R/T
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to John98R/T
Well, well, well the funny man strikes again. Well Kris since you are comparing our cars ill be honest. While your engine has more aftermarket capabilities, the Dodge engine is in my opinion one of the best engines put into little cars these days. It has good torque, and a nice kick to it, while your engine has a more of a high rev feel to it. If you are talking stock engine output i know my engine puts out 150 hp which for a car its size is rather nice to begin with. Typically american engines dont run as long or last as long as japanese engines, but to a certain extent have more muscle than stock japanese motors, while the American engines do more than often weigh a lot more than say a civic engine. If you are talking full out modified that would be more of a tricky issue, your engine can be damn fast, as i assume you will get it soon. While my engine can be quite impressive when you put time and effort into it, such as a turbo or a supercharger. in the end i think your engine may have an edge when they are stock, however when modified the sky is the limit with both engines. But personally i think my engine would kick your engines ass, but thats just me being the good old american engine loving fool i am. So i guess in the end i feel the engines are pretty equal, and possibly your engine has a slight advantage. See i can admit that i dont have the best, but dont let it go to your head Kris.and after the article i posted on the Honda cars i dont think to many people will agree with me anymore, so yeah your engine wins, but by very little.
Toodles Kiddies....
Old 10-25-2001, 11:38 PM   #3
kris
Off playing with fire.

OK, what, nobody has a friggin opinion on this? wtf?
Old 10-26-2001, 02:33 PM   #4
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
You picked a tough one.

I favor the 2.2 from Chrysler more so than the 2.0. They both have great potential. And I am still a Mopar man, so I have to pick the 2.0.
Old 12-08-2001, 12:54 AM   #5
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
the last thing an American car is known for is HP to Liter ratio. Americans simply figure the more liters the more power where as japanese squeeze hp out of their little 4 bangers since they are better engineeers. The SR20DE is a more reliable and easier to tune motor and their is tons of aftermakret for it =)
Old 12-18-2003, 11:01 AM   #6
CHRIS/SR/SE
AF Newbie

Well, Where To Start... The Dohc Dodge Engine Is A Good Performance Value, The Resale On Dodge Is Not Very Good So You Could Pick Up A Acr For A Song And A Dance. Good News Bad News, There Is A Reason For Everything... If You Look Around You Can Find All Of The Service Bullitins For The 2.0 Dohc Engine, One Of Wich Is Blowing Head Gaskets On A Regular Basis, And Then All Of The Problems With The Neons In Genral. The Torque On The Dodge Is Not All That Great Either.
On The Other Hand The Nissan's Dohc 2.0 Has Less Power, But A Tried And True Engine Design, With The Variants De, Det, Ve, And Others The Engine Has Proven Itself. Also The 200sx / Sentra Se Have A Much Better Track Record. The Nissan Also Has A Much Smoother Torque Curve, And Slightly Off Topic The Trasmission Is Much Better With Performance In Mind. But Thats Just My Opinion.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:37 AM   #7
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: 2.0 Magnum I-4 (dodge) vs SR20DE (nissan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL85
the last thing an American car is known for is HP to Liter ratio. Americans simply figure the more liters the more power where as japanese squeeze hp out of their little 4 bangers since they are better engineeers. The SR20DE is a more reliable and easier to tune motor and their is tons of aftermakret for it =)
You're an idiot if you think that since they tune the car more from the factory that it means they are better engineers. Also do you realize that in Japan they don't have to worry about emissions laws while they are heavily restricted here in the U.S. Think before you speak. Also HP per liter is a horrible argument, it means nothing, get that through your head.

The only problem with the Neon engines was the head gasket, which was a simple replacement, and Chrysler has a newer head gasket that will take care of the problem.

EDIT: I just realized that this thread is nearly three years old. Don't drag up old threads.

Closing. . . .