Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 11:39 PM   #91
yourmama436
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: How Fast have you gone in your VR4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91 Celica St
i gotta say though if i wouldnta gottn my celica probly would got a vr-4..... anyone with a 3000gt live near vallejo CA or napa Vally that wanna drag?
i live ner sac so that "lets" do go up to the sacramento race way?
Old 03-13-2004, 07:46 AM   #92
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: How Fast have you gone in your VR4?

Yeah...why don't you drag...and post a time slip
Old 03-13-2004, 12:22 PM   #93
azn3000GTRacer
AF Regular

Yea I have gotten my VR4 up to 170 before and it was STILL GOING STRONG Then i hit a curve in the road. LOL had to do some hard braking. Scary stuff Iam pretty confident that a stock VR4 can top out its speedometer. my best 1/4 mile was 13.56 at 103. With the basic mods like intake, exhaust, boost controller upping the boost alittle and some light weight parts like the underdrive pulley you can easily get high 12's.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:32 PM   #94
Nesryn
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Nesryn

High 12's? Ugh... I want a high 12's car. Anyone wanna give me their VR4 and save me the trouble of having to continue looking for one?
Old 03-13-2004, 02:37 PM   #95
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

never heard of anyone toping out there spedometer stock, thats 180mph a corvette doesn't hit that. i'm not trny jump on you again man but like i said the speedometer is about 10mph off at high speed. lots of us have vr4's on here and its already been talked about. so you were doing 160 instead of 170. i've only went 145mph in mine
Old 03-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #96
azn3000GTRacer
AF Regular

[quote=youngvr4]never heard of anyone toping out there spedometer stock, thats 180mph a corvette doesn't hit that. i'm not trny jump on you again man but like i said the speedometer is about 10mph off at high speed. lots of us have vr4's on here and its already been talked about. so you were doing 160 instead of 170. i've only went 145mph

I dont know about 10 mile an hr diffrence that's quite a bit. When my speedo was reading 170 i was still going strong when i say still going strong IT WAS GETTING UP TO SPEED. I was only at about 6100 rpm. I had plenty left to top it out. Even if it is 10 off topping out your speedo is still a big feat. When i do my quarter mile time and before i finish my speedo reads at about 104 and iam goin 103. That's pretty damn accurate.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:57 PM   #97
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

ok man, i guess your car is diff from everyone elses. you can do 180 stock and know one else can. greetings people the god of the vr4 azn3000gtracer
Old 03-14-2004, 12:41 AM   #98
SilverStealth
AF Newbie

halleluyah!
Old 03-14-2004, 06:17 AM   #99
azn3000GTRacer
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvr4
ok man, i guess your car is diff from everyone elses. you can do 180 stock and know one else can. greetings people the god of the vr4 azn3000gtracer
Ok your being really gay now. Just cause i said that i think that the stock VR4 can top out u think i think iam a fucking god. You just dont want to believe what could be true. You just want you to be right and that's it. If somebody as done it then it has been done. Maybe sometime you will just get some balls and go all out and dont let off, see if you can top out or not. Have you ever read any threads that said NO you cannot top out in a stock VR4. No you havent so why dont you stop being so god damn stubborn. A car dosent havfe a limit until it has reach that point. So far i havent read a single thread that said yes the VR4 shuts down at a specific point. Iam getting so annyoed at your post. You think you know everything so why dont you do me a favor and just dont respond to the reponse that i have cause everything i say dosent matter right!!!
Old 03-14-2004, 08:56 AM   #100
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Not to be a dick, but he's saying that because the car is rated to only go 160, plenty of people have taken it up there. Only a few have taken it to 180 and none (that I know of) claimed to be stock. Lastly, the only idiot to claim 200 also says he has over 750hp, and has proved he knows sh!t about these cars. (This is all in this same thread, in the last 6 or 7 pages.) I personally don't know, I've never had the space/balls to open it up past 140. Perhaps you have hit 180. but he has no way of knowing that, and it seems that not many people have claimed to hit 180, let alone stock, so...this thread has been all about people bs-ing, so you can understand one's hesitancy to believe you immediately. I'm not claiming to know, you may be absolutely correct, but with feats like that, people are more likely to doubt then to believe.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #101
Teazrsnow
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Teazrsnow Send a message via Yahoo to Teazrsnow

actually many people have taken it over 180, and let's not forget that there are factory freaks, if an NA can do 157 stock (laser tested so don't say it was inaccurate) then a vr-4 can definately do it, the only thing stopping you is the speed limiter, but be warned she'll get hot

2nd Place Drag racing Fwd 3s National Gathering 03[
Old 03-14-2004, 07:02 PM   #102
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

he never said anything about removing his speed limiter, that i would maybe possibly believe. so many have said they stopped at 160 or 165.
and hes saying his is just diff. its not impossible but he's said a lot of other stuff you guys havn't heard lately that doesn't sound right. i belive he has a vr4 and all but he's the type to over exagerate just a little. he probably thinks i'm picking on him but i'm not its just if he keeps this up someone is going to ruin his image and run him off the board. he's still kinda new to the car thing. as he's never heard of a ls1 breaking into the 12's. and says he pulled 2 car lenghts on a mach1 stang with a 3000rpm launch. like i said he just slightly over exagerates things and i'm tryna help him by telling him to stop doing that cause when someone brings up proof that his theory is bs then he's gonna have a bad rep.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:19 PM   #103
JP2005
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JP2005
ok im gonna hop in this conversation...im not saying if it is impossible or possible to go 180+ in a vr4, but i do see it feasible, and until someone has proven or disproven the theory then no explanations or arguments are just or plausible...so please stop...anyways as far as the ls1 breaking into 12's, easily done with the money, i have a 99 z28, so i have an ls1, and have met so many other ls1 owner running 12's...so as far as that argument youngvr4 is right...but other than that lets quit arguing and have fun before i crack some skulls and have you looking like this >
peace
JP
Old 03-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #104
Teazrsnow
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Teazrsnow Send a message via Yahoo to Teazrsnow

yeah he does sound like cabo-joe who owns the imfamous vr-4 in last years scc challenge, did anyone read that issue he owns a vr-4 that he modified himself and is the fastest one out there,well he lost all respect for our cars but yeah

2nd Place Drag racing Fwd 3s National Gathering 03[
Old 03-14-2004, 11:31 PM   #105
azn3000GTRacer
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvr4
he never said anything about removing his speed limiter, that i would maybe possibly believe. so many have said they stopped at 160 or 165.
and hes saying his is just diff. its not impossible but he's said a lot of other stuff you guys havn't heard lately that doesn't sound right. i belive he has a vr4 and all but he's the type to over exagerate just a little. he probably thinks i'm picking on him but i'm not its just if he keeps this up someone is going to ruin his image and run him off the board. he's still kinda new to the car thing. as he's never heard of a ls1 breaking into the 12's. and says he pulled 2 car lenghts on a mach1 stang with a 3000rpm launch. like i said he just slightly over exagerates things and i'm tryna help him by telling him to stop doing that cause when someone brings up proof that his theory is bs then he's gonna have a bad rep.

WHOA WHOA WHOA..... show me were i have said that an LS1 cant break into the 12's?????? Last time i checked i havent type that down. And in the other thread about the Mach1 everybody thinks that iam saying the Mach 1 is slow which i did not say. I know the LS1 engine can break into the 12's. Who said that the VR4 has a speedlimiter??? Even if your right about th 10mile diffrence that means i would of hit 160 and even then my car didnt shut down.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth