Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
NissanPhreak
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to NissanPhreak
1999 Nissan Frontier

I am running a 1999 nissan frontier with a 4 cylinder engine with rw drive and overhead cams and such. It is your average manual 5 speed with basics and whatnot. I guess I just want it to be faster. I am looking for some things that I can do to get more power, more torque, and more horsepower? Any sugghestions?
NissanPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 09:10 PM   #2
novadk
AF Newbie

get a chevy 350ci and a th350 trans and your set. If you wanted a "fast" truck you should have goten 1 to begin with. basic power from exhaust with headers is 15hp 20 max. To get any power from a 4 cyclinder (or any engine)you need high compression ratio or forced induction. If you want a few extra hp go for full exhaust, then cia, chip. You can get a turbo but you'll also need an ecu that will reconize boost or get a aftermarket ecu. my 99 2.4 rwd is slow as sin but i already realized that when I test drove it and bought it on that fact of gas mileage not speed. Try to find a local speed shop or club in your area so that they can teach you what and how to use parts in the truck. Speed is a question of money the faster you go the more it cost. I'd just keep with basics if I were you and go from there.
novadk is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara