Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: What are Your Opinions?
Possible 0 0%
Not Possible 0 0%
Should it be attempted 0 0%
Waste of Time and Money 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
racerazor
AF Newbie

DIY 1200hp rated Dyno

Hello Everyone, Ive never done this before this is my first time on any forum (thanks "Crvett69" for the help on how to post), so anyways i hope that I'm in the right place. Well first off Im 25yrs old I've been rebuilding engine since i was 13 and I've been tuning for quite some time, i moved to Philippines recently from Canada for business purposes. To make things short I'm extremely bored and I'm looking for a project, I'm planning on building a dyno my Goal is to make something along the lines of of "Mustang Gladiator Dyno", the cost of this dyno out the door with all bells and whistles is 30,000USD, Im planning on opening a business here a nice little tuner shop, i was going to buy this particular dyno, but then i thought to myself why not try to build one i have the time, the money will be there, and i wanna learn how exactly these work. Believe it or not the Philippines is great for this because labour is cheap...most materials are cheap and well these people will build just about anything and make it work, there are some great machine shops here that really do a great job and you can find just about anything you need if you know where to look. Just to give you guys an idea I did a full rebuild on my 2004 mazda 3 and aside from having to order the engine parts from the states cost me about 400$, there a few special timing tools you need that you can't go without on these engines which i got the exact measurements for and had one made here on a lathe for less then 2$, i got the block cleaned hot tanked and honed along with having the head re-surfaced, cleaned, checked,valve stem seals replaced,single angle valve grind and to top it off port and polish had them swap the pistons off my rods with new ones, and it only cost 50$ for all! plus i gave them a 10$ tip which they were ecstatic about ......now don't get me wrong you have to watch these guys as they are working, the labor is cheap but if your not around to watch their every move you will be sorry. Anyways what I'm looking for is any insight on how to do this I've been researching and well not a lot of info that i could find, i really would want to see pictures of how these dyno's are setup internally, what do i need in detail, what do i need to look out for, ANY INSIGHT, i have the resources at my disposal, i will share all of my progress with you guys and anyone that is interested in doing this i will help with whatever i learn, i will take lots of pictures to show you guys the progress, and once its finished no matter what the outcome ill make some videos, and hey if it doesn't work sure it might of cost me a ton, but the knowledge is much more valuable to me. I know there are people out there that want one of these but simply can't afford it. I'm good in computers, electronics and mechanics so i would love to try this but i need your guys's help. Thanks in advance. I will be awaiting your responses. Please check out the specs on their site i would like it as close to those specs as possible.
racerazor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical