Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Storm
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 01:57 AM   #1
bullylover
AF Newbie

Now what?

So I have a 91 geo storm gsi that has issues. It start s up fine but dies out if you don't keep your foot on gas. Replaced the fuel pump, New distributor and wires etc... done a compression test #2 was low. Now what? I also have two 90 geo storms but not with the DOHC engines. What part are interchangeable between two motors?
bullylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:49 AM   #2
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: Now what?

what were the compression numbers?
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
tonysilva530
AF Newbie

Copied this from another forum......hopefully it gives you some answers.

08-02-2002, 06:23 AM
I know quiet a bit about storms...I have a 1990 Geo Storm GSI, ok..
To begin, do you have a (90-93 base model) 1.6 L SOHC, (90-91 GSI models) 1.6L DOHC, or (92-93 GSI models)1.8L DOHC...
If you are looking for turboing, the SOHC you will need to use i beleive it is a 90-up Isuzu I-Mark RS, it has the same SOHC motor but turbo charged...you can turbo you base model motor at low boost or you can swap motors so you can run higher boost but will require alot more work including the ecu and wiring harness....
If you have a 1.6 DOHC you can just use the 90-93 (i beleive those are the correct years) Isuzu Impulse RS turbo AWD, has the exact same motor but lower compression to compinsate the boost....Agian you can use all the turbo parts and exhaust manifold, etc. with a low boost or swap motors for high boost, but more work is included, ecu and wiring harness, etc...
The 1.8 DOHC i think with a little fabricating you can use the same RS Impulse turbo parts but need to modifiy it a little more...
The motors and trannies are interchangable (I.E. you can use a base storm tranny on an Impulse RS turbo motor, etc)....Also, all the motors will bolt up to any of the storm models (I.E. you can bolt a 1.8L DOHC in the same 1.6L SOHC storm...They have the exact same engine bay and If i am not mistaken they are all the same motor mounts)..I hope this helps...
tonysilva530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:33 AM   #4
autopcms
AF Newbie

Thanks a lot for sharing this helpful information with us. Here I want to say that there are lots of car motor parts that can be interchanged including the auto engine computers. Get in touch with a knowledgeable technician to help you in this matter.
autopcms is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Storm