Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
Drooopy33
AF Newbie

2014 Police interceptor sedan Taurus

Have a 2014 interceptor with 3.5 turbo. Car will start for a second and then stall. I am getting p068a code. Strange thing is, when I pull a plug out or and let it run on 5 cylinders it will stay running. Obviously runs a little rough but it will continue to run. The moment I put the plug back in and try to start it will not turn over. Anyone have any ideas??
Drooopy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:47 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 2014 Police interceptor sedan Taurus

How old is the battery in the car? If you don't know, and you plan to keep the car, I'd suggest you replace the battery. That's one of the first things to do when you have a P068A diagnostic code. With modern cars I'm satisfied if I get 3 years out of a battery.

I can't fully explain how forcing a misfire would seem to mask the stalling issue other than maybe the PCM increases the engine speed or alternator output when it senses a misfire and that extra alternator output keeps the PCM happy. Oh, when you replace the battery the battery monitor should be reset. I've seen posts about ways to reset the battery monitor manually, but I'm not sure if they work or not. I always just hook up the scan tool and reset it that way.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
Drooopy33
AF Newbie

Re: 2014 Police interceptor sedan Taurus

Thanks for the information, I did change the battery, but for a used battery. Also put my battery charger/boost on it when trying to crank and still the same problem. So I don’t think it is a battery issue although I could be wrong. I didn’t know about a reset for batteries though I’ll have to look into that.

But yes that sounds about what I was thinking as for the misfire and why the car runs with a plug out. Seems strange but obviously not putting out enough fuel, or something causing it to stall when running on all cylinders.
Drooopy33 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon