Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > 1969 - 1994 Full size
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Nasty_Nate
AF Newbie

700r4 whines while coasting...

Hey guys, I just picked up a new project vehicle that I had a few questions about.
First off, It's a 1988 K5 Blazer with 5.7L and a 700r4 trans with np208. I picked it up off of a buddy as a winter beater for now with plans to turn it into another trail/hunting truck.
Anyway, I was driving it home and noticed a whine coming from the trans at 55-40 mph when I was coasting. Got home and checked the fluid level, and all was fine. No burnt smell, however the fluid was a little dark. When driving around it shifts really firm, almost as if it has had a shift kit put in, and has no noise while under load.
I was thinking about doing a fluid and filter change in the trans, but wondered if the whine was anything I should look into deeper/worry about. This is the first Automatic trans I've owned in quite a few years, so I'm a little rusty on the details.

Thanks for your time,
Nasty
'88 K5 Blazer, known as the Turd...

Faster and faster 'til the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death!
Nasty_Nate is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > 1969 - 1994 Full size