Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
KEVINS800
AF Newbie

Question 1993 pickup 2.3 runs rough?

got a 93 little pickup that runs very rough once warmed up! checked valves, rebuilt carb, checked coil, fuel pump, new gas filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor.

has anyone had this problem? once truck warms and choke opens it will idle good, but you barly touch gas and it starts acting like no gas, or too much gas?

there is a air/fuel mixture valve in carb that i think is stuck open? anyone know what valve i'm talking about?
KEVINS800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
fordyota
AF Newbie

Re: 1993 pickup 2.3 runs rough?

I have the same issue with my 89 Isuzu Sport 2.3 L carburated pickup. It runs fine when you first strat it until the cold choke kicks out, then it runs rough. If you push in on the clutch coming up to a stop, it will die unless you give it gas. I have a new carb on it, and filter. Last week it strated running normal out of the blue, with a high idle becuase I had set up the idle to keep it running. It went a week without a miss, die out or anything. All of a sudden it started doing it again. I am figuring it is an electrical issue somewhere. Please let me know if you get any replies or find out the issue to your problem.
fordyota is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > General Discussion