Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
mmuehlba
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to mmuehlba
reprograming a keyless remote 2002 GMC Sonoma

Hi All well I had to reprogram a different key less keyless remote for my
2002 GMC Sonoma I first ask a dearler and they want $47.00 so I took a few seconds and searched below is what I found and it worked very easy and fast . I tried to re do a key less I had from my old 1993 S10 mand that did not work with my 2002 but The one I got free from a used car dealer worked great . Mike

IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

mmuehlba is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion