Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
ace91
AF Regular

Scot Racing Team Honda RS250RW 2009

Hi,

This is my first time making a Hasegawa kit. Here are some of the photos of the parts.

The box art.

The decal set. Somehow it's not put in a plastic cover unlike the Tamiya products.

There are also 2 options of the fairing that you want to use. One is transparent & the other is opaque.

It came with 3 tree parts.

The screws.

The tyres.

Seems to be quite challenging especially that Hasegawa doesn't come up with the masking tape & the colouring scheme guide is also not the same as Tamiya's products.

So far I've been trying to look for some good sites that shows some good photos of the bike until I've found this page. Looking at his work on this bike along with the others made me so speechless. They're fantastic.

http://utage3166.web.fc2.com/mokei/r...w09scotch.html

At least after looking at his work on this bike, I had some idea on the colouring scheme on the parts. I'll be working on the bike some other day which is probably tomorrow.

Adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
kans0002
AF Regular

Re: Scot Racing Team Honda RS250RW 2009

i didnt even know this hasegawa kit was out there. i will follow your progress closely. good luck!
kans0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
ace91
AF Regular

kans0002 : Thanks. I'll do my very best on this build.

Hi guys,

Boy, it took me a while to understand the colouring scheme on the website I put up that time. Here are the photos of the engines in different angles. For the colour, I used XF 56 - 1 : XF-31 -1 for most of the part of the engine. Some parts I used XF 56, XF 31, X 34, XF 16, X 13, X 6 & X 8.

As for the clutch, the side I still use the same colour as the engine but the top part, I used XF 16 & X 11 for the bolts.

Gosh, I know that 250cc bikes are obviously smaller than MotoGP bikes but I didn't expect to be this small for the engine.

I'll be working on the frame tomorrow. Since the frame is not chrome plated unlike Tamiya's product, I have to do some paintwork on the frame.

Adrian
Old 12-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Froride1
Unique Case

Looks like it is coming along nicely. Thanks for posting the website, I was having trouble figuring out how to mask the body for paint. I have the same kit but won't get to it for awhile.
Froride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
ace91
AF Regular

Hi,

So far, I managed to work on some part of the frame. Firstly I primed the parts along with the swing arm. This is how it looks like when I primed the parts & next photo is the result after spraying them with TS 17 after priming.

After that, I went to work on the frame. Somehow it doesn't stick properly at the moment as you can see them here.

I will work more on the frame & later on I work on the swing arm.

Adrian
Old 12-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
davesans
AF Enthusiast

Nice start I am still waiting for my kit to get here so looking forward to you progress.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
ace91
AF Regular

Hi,

Here are some work on the frame that I've made.

Here are the photos of the front & rear wheel.

For the brake discs at the front wheel, I used X 12, X 56, X10 & X 11. While for the rear brake disc, I used XF 56 & X 11.

Somehow, when I try to attach the rear wheel to the swing arm using the screw provided, it doesn't seem to screw properly & when I tried to screw the swing arm on the frame, also, the screw provided isn't long enough. Worse of all, the pieces on the frame came crumbling down piece by piece & I think I've lost a small piece that is supposed to put on the frame though it's not an important part. Really not my day today. Any solution for this screw problem? Think that ordering the screw sets either from the M1 set or RC211V set might solve the problem?

Might need to take a rest a day or two to get my mind off these problems & I'll try to fix up the frame again. *sigh*

Anyway, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Adrian
Old 12-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
Froride1
Unique Case

It sucks when things go wrong. I have had similar problems with a Tamiya kit. It wasn't the screw being to short but me not having things assembled quite right. Things weren't seated completely in the wheel, which held things a little farther apart than the screw was long. You might check to see if everything is fitting as it should, I had to scrape some paint to get things to fit. If the screw is to short try plastic or brass rod cut to lengeth and glued into the swing arm.
Froride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
to-mek
AF Newbie

Nice progress, but I think that you should fill those gaps on frame and you also have some molding lines on carburetors and shock absorber reservoir.
to-mek is offline   Reply With Quote