Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics
Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics Discuss different body kits, body work in general, and all types of exterior modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
Jargenzi
AF Newbie

Red face Body work help!

Hi all,

I wanted to make a few changes to my current ford fusion 2012. I essentially wanted to black out the car, but ford places chrome in random places. Here are a few things I'm looking to do, but am not sure where to get them done:

1) have chrome exterior parts painted black to match car
2). Have someone install the cargo trunk net I bought
3). Blackout or replace the blue ford emblem on rear and hood
4). Remove the tacky dealership advertising on the back
5). Lastly - if possible - can you replace the tan interior ceiling material with black? Or will this be a huge project through ford?

If ford dealership can do all of this for me, I don't mind paying their inflated rates.

Thanks!!!!
Jargenzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Body work help!

Jargenzi, you can blackout the trim, be very careful and tape up around it, then scuff it up lightly with some very fine sandpaper then wipe it down with wax and grease remover, prime and paint on a warm day. Ford can install the net. Use a hairdryer to heat up and remove the dealer decal, just don't get the paint too hot. To change the tan headliner you probably have to take it to an upholstery shop. And lastly nice car!
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote