Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
-ToYoTa-
AF Newbie

1997 Toyota Tacoma HELP

Purshaced a 1997 toyota tacoma 4x4 v6 3.4 liter. bought it from a friend and knew the last 4 years history of the vehicle. a rod bearing cap bolt broke. of course cauesing the enige to fly all to crap. now seeing that the bearings and everything in the motor that is only at 125,000 miles. look brand new still without any wear what so ever. i am gonna say the bolt breaking caused the whole problem. so that to me wiht the bolt being broke straight off and not at a angle would mean it would be a defect in toyotas bolt. these rod bear cap bolts have forged ends on them. ok i understand that the warrenty is of course out on this truck. but i also understand that this broke because of defect and not of neglict of the engine or from driving. so i have filed a claim wiht toyota. and notified the dealer near me. for the last few days they have been throwing me back and forth to the 1-800-331-4331 number and the hickory toyota dealer ship in north carolina. today i was called and told the regional serivce manager would have to look at the case. and they REFUSE to give me contact info for him. says he comes to the dealership every month or two and i would have to wait until he arrived. so i called the 1-800-go-toyota number they are unable to give regional info out. and said i would have to file a claim to get intouch with him. which i had already done. so why is this guy JIM POPE is his name so hard to get ahold of. and why should i have to wait up to 2 months to get ahold of him? and then leave it up to THEM which could care les sabout my problem to contact me. SOOOOO i am in search of contact info to regional department. hopefully for North Carolina. any of you guys help? i just want a COMPATENT person to look at my trucks motor and broke part. any fool can see what has happen. any help will be helpful thanks
-ToYoTa- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:19 PM   #2
groupset
AF Newbie

The motor was "only at 125,000 miles"?? Dude, warranty repair is one thing, but I don't think Toyota should be expected to eat a new engine for you after 7 years and 125,000 miles. If they give you anything, it will be solely goodwill - and I doubt you'll get that since you're not the original purchaser of the vehicle. Why didn't your friend try to get something out of Toyota?
groupset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #3
-ToYoTa-
AF Newbie

Re: 1997 Toyota Tacoma HELP

Well i Bought the truck before this happen. and yea 125,000 aint much. i have two other toyota trucks. a 1994 two wheel drive with 175,000 on it and runs like new. had it 6 years. and a 1982 4x4 that had 204,000 on it before i rebuilt it. yea the warrantys out. but theres no neglect on the engine. the bolts are forged bolts and it was a defective bolt. NO WEAR what so ever on the engine. so if i was my fault or someone before me then i can understand. but its not. sooo lets pay cash for a 97 tacoma and then have to pay out 2800 for another engine cause of a defective part. i love my toyotas. if sumone would just look a the engine i would be happy. i think if they seen it that it would be in my favor.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:29 AM   #4
corbinwaterski
AF Regular

First of all you need to understand why they do not give info on this Jim Pope. If everyone who wanted his number, had it, he would have little or no time to complete his jobs at hand. Also, this is a tool ANY automaker uses to weed out the frivilous (sp?)claims people file. I also agree that if you were to receive any service from Toyota it would be goodwill. Don't get me wrong I hope they replace your engine. I believe that if the forged bolt was defective and can be traced back to the cause of your disaster - Toyota might step up to the plate and take SOME responsibilty. Good luck!
Old 11-20-2004, 09:36 AM   #5
-ToYoTa-
AF Newbie

Thats all i ask is for someone to look at the engine that has the autority to make a decision. after that i belive i will get some help.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:41 PM   #6
-ToYoTa-
AF Newbie

Heres a link to view the pictures http://www.geocities.com/toyota_94_97/Toyota.html on the left side theres another link to view all the pictures

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma