Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 02:55 PM   #1
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
A nice trip home

Being as this week was thanksgiving, the Nazi death leaders known as my college's administration decided that they would see fit to allow us to return home. While I needed the break (if I was stuck here any longer I would a snapped and killed everyone in my house), I was somewhat depressed to go home. Appearently, all my buddies that were into cars have gone away from the light, and become ricers of the worst kind.

I'll start with my exgf. I didn't break up with her becuase I didnt love her, I broke up with her beacuse she was a psycho. Anyways, shes been quasi stalking me in order to get me to go out with her again. I don't think she quite realises that with me in MO and her in Lubbock, its not gonna work. Anyways, her newest attempt to get me back was for her to get into cars. Infact, she had told me she installed a short shift on her Celica. I asked my friend about it, and what she did, in reality, was hack off about half of the exposed stick, and glue the shift nob into place...wow.

Friend number two has gone the whole nine ricer yards on his Focus. Fart pipe, wing, crappy vinyl, and walmart spinners. Nuff said. No performance parts, but appearently hes in the market. He heard about a turbocharger for seventy bucks...yeah, you all know what Im talking about

Friend number three disapointed me the most. I had hope for him, I really did. Sure, we jokingly put a few Type R stickers on his 99 ES300, but it was a joke. But I guess it grabbed hold of him. He now has two Nos stickers on his car. One on the rear window, dead center, top, and one over his exhaust tip. Further, he took out the lower portion of his air box, cut off all that wasn't nessacery, and stuck it back into place with a K&N filter. He also has a few pieces of duct tape, just to make sure. He also has plans to get a 'sport performance mufler', and replace the rear muffler with it. However, thats not the worst part. He also has taken everything, and I mean everything, out of the car. Carpet, passenger seat, rear bench set up, spare, first aid kit, trie kit, jack, the works. All he has in it is the driver's seat, and hes looking at a nice Sparco replacement. He also took out the drivers side airbag. He also informed me that he had found a body kit for his car...

However, it wasn't all down hill. The week wasn't race filled, but it had some good runs, including a Civic (kill not worth mentioning), my buddies Lexus (kill, again. Against both the C320 and the 325i, he has never won), an Audi S4 (death), a 240SX (kill) and an Oldsmobile Alero (kill)

The death to the S4 was the highpoint of the week, becuase I finally got to see one of these bad boys in action up close and personel. I was heading to the mall to meet some freinds, going down a road that suprisingly isn't used for racing all that much (long, straight, good distance between lights, no cops. I guess its cuz theres no place to stop at after races). Anyways, I'm cruising at 45 (limit is 40), when I see a set of lights comming up on me pretty fast. I let off, and the lights come up, and I see a nice looking red Audi. At first I'm thinking it looks like an A4 (its dark), and no side badging can tell me I'm wrong. I jump on it a little, and let him know I'm there. He points ahead to the light, and I nod. We get to the light, and its turning yellow right as we get there, but we still stop, and piss off everyone behind us.LIght goes red, and he revs a few times. Light goes green, and we both take off.

Through first, he doesn't pull on me to much, but by second hes starting to walk away nicely. So know I'm thinking its a nciely modded 1.8T or 3.0. I bring it up to 60, and by then hes about 5 legnths up, and I flash my highbeams letting him know I give. As I come up behind him, I see the little S4 badge, and start laughing. I pull up next to him and point ahead to the next light, and he nods again. We do a little roll run, and this time I held with him a little longer, but again was shot down by about three lengths.

We get to the next light, and this time hes reving a bit harder. When the light goes green, he launches hard, light spin and takes off. I jump on it, but its no use, and he pulls out by about five lengths when I shut down at 70 (speed limit is 45 in this part, and its Xmas shopping day, dont wanna push my luck with the cops, even though it is dark, and the road isn't used by cops). I pull up next to him with a bug grin, and give him the thumbs up, and get it back. However, my fun with the Audi was over, and revenge was comming for the Benz. An older man in a silver Benz comes flying up from behind us. Appearently, the older gent in what I now see as an E55 AMG saw us, and wants to play too. I bow out of this one, I officially have no chance, and with a rather big shit eating grin drop back and let the AMG pull up into where I was.

They both slow down in order to make the light, and pull up right as it turns red. They both rev a few times, and I see the Benz push against its brakes. They really need to make them in autos. The last time I heard anything as beautiful as those two cars reving was the time I saw a 911 and a STi go at it, only to have a Turbo Supra chase them both down. The light goes green, and they both launch hard...But Mercedes got its revenge against Audi, in what looked like (I had no chance in hell to keep up) a smashing defeat, with the Audi backing off first. I pulled into the parking lot of the mall, and the Audi guy turned around and came back, and we talked for a few. He said the AMG beat him by no less than four lengths. Damn.

Next race was against a nicely modded (I/E/Short Throw, mostly suspension) late model 240SX. I had seen the car before, and wanted to race it before, but I was with my parents. Now it was just me and a buddy. He was infront of us on the highway, and I pulled up on him, and got next to him, giving it a little gas so he could tell I was there, and would go if he wanted too. He jumped on it, pulling up so that his rear bumper was at my nose, then I jumped up and pulled so that his nose was at the rear seem of the front door. I then slid back a little bit, and held right next to him. I look over, and he has his wondow down, and is pointing towards his wheel, so I roll down my window, poin to my wheel, and nod. He honks us down, and we both jump on it.

I jump on it, and we stay side by side from 60 to 65, but at 65, I start pulling, and by 70, I was a length up. Pulled hard like that all the way to 90, three lengths up, and shut down. He pulls up next to me, and gives me the thumbs up, and then takes the next exit.

So I got my ass whuped, but I whuped more ass, so I count this week as a good week. Also, Cassie will be outa the body shop by Tuesday or Wensday...YAY! Finally, does anyone know anything about AFE? Are their products any good, becuase I was told by another Bimmer owner that ECIS and AFE are about the same with intakes, but to ditch the K&N drop in, and go with AFE for a drop in air filter. I was just wondering if anyone here as any expierience with them.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #2
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd
Re: A nice trip home

where'd all this happen? btw i'm halfway to the rims and it looks like i'll be out by christmas :-P its nice having a gf that loves you enough to buy you anything

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #3
clawhammer
AF Fanatic

Did you get your car repaired yet after the deer accident?
clawhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:45 PM   #4
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

The car should be out by Tuesday or Wensday, and this was all back home in the F Dub.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:46 PM   #5
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Well, good kils, nice death, and it'll be good that have Cassie Back. As for your old GF, that was just hilarious. Your friends...I feel bad for all of them. That's just horrible. Can't say that I know anybody that would do such a thing. But it happens, the Ricer disease spreads once again. Late...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:09 PM   #6
97Lude
AF Enthusiast

nice death and good kills

Mods: soon to come
97Lude is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing