Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 02:17 PM   #1
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

vr4 goes on a killing spree

OK, so I'm going to worn everyone this will probably be a long post...cliff notes at bottom.
So I got home for the holidays...which means more racing. So last night I had a few friends over, and we got restless and decided to go out driving at midnight...so 2 friends and I hoped in the vr4 and took off. As we are driving around, we get into 2 little sprints with mustang GTs...left both behind...nothing interesting. Then I realize that we are getting pretty far from home and I don't really feel like continuing in that general direction so I turn around. Well as I do, an Altima passes, and I guess he thought that I turned around to race him or something, because he just starts hauling...naturally, once I spooled it wasn't hard to fly by him and pull real hard. So those were the boring ones. As we lose the altima in the distance, we pull up on a jeep cheroke. It some 17 year old kid who didn't quite know his place in the food chain.

The kid just guns it, and I'm like are you kidding. I downshift to 4th and walk him. We end up at a light and my friend rolls down the passenger window and says..."Are you kidding? Do you see the twin turbo stickers?"
Well light goes green and the kid guns it...I don't launch, simply shift into 2nd and put bus lengths on him immediately. Next light...he arrives, it goes green, I launch and leave him way behind, now at this point, I'm at 95, and he is probably not even at 60. I see no point in continuing, so I slow to 50. And this kid does a ricer flyby...I'm thinking are you kidding? So I downshift and take off after him, kill him, let off, he flys by. Every time I braked, he did a ricer flyby...so this has been going on for miles, and I'm just like, "Forget it, I'm bored with him". So I just let him go.

So we head to a highway, because my one friend wants to go fast, so I take it up to 125, but then the highway curved and I just thought better of doing 140 in the dark, so we slowed it up a bit. And got off at the next exit. We pull into a parking lot where we see headlights, and try to entice a gti to run, but the guy didn't want to race because he had his girlfriend. So we go to another local 'car club' meeting spot. We get there and everyone is gone, except a silver acura with lots of vinyl. I back in next to him and try to entice him, but no such luck. These guys never race, only sit there looking 'cool'. So now I was bored and wanted a decent run, so we go out doing one more lap around town.

Finally as we are close to my house, we pull up next to a gsx, we both slow down to 30 and roll down the windows. My friend tries to get them to run, but 3 puerto rican guys are in the car and they keep saying "$500". I reply with, "I don't got $500, but I'll beat you for free"
They keep trying to get me to run for $500, but I don't even have gas money at this point, so I keep trying to get them to run for free. At this point I've downshifted to 2nd and am running pretty high in the rpms, so boost is almost instantaneous. They try doing a little jump forward and I nail the gas and instantly put a car or 2 between us, and they let off. I slow and they do this again...with the same result. So I slow again, and try one last time...but all they keep saying is "look at your car, you have that and you don't have $500?"

My reply, "Exactly, look at the car, it is why I don't have $500. They wont run, so I left them. And we went home for some beers.

Cliff notes: I raced 2 stang GTs, an altima, and a jeep cheroke who wouldn't admit defeat. Then tried to get a GTI and Acura to run, but they both wouldn't. Then I ran into a GSX, but the driver would only go for $500. Went home and got drunk.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:29 PM   #2
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

Re: vr4 goes on a killing spree

beat up a couple of little kids did ya, pick on somebody your own size.

j/p nice kills man,
Old 11-24-2004, 02:31 PM   #3
HighRev87
Banned

Good Runs....
And I understand the not running for money thing...after getting my car, running for money isnt only not an option, it is just not possible.
HighRev87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:33 PM   #4
klint02dodge
AF Newbie

well nice kills i think (but then again i can beat a mustang in my intrepid R/T)
klint02dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:34 PM   #5
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Nice kills, sounds like some of the shit I have to putup with. Everyone keep telling me about all the hot shit in there towns but when I go there nothing.

Beer time
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 06:26 PM   #6
97Lude
AF Enthusiast

Nice kills but you could've just killed them and took the $500 but I understand why you didn't.

Mods: soon to come
97Lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 06:35 PM   #7
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12

GSX's can be really fast. For all he knows they could have been waiting to use a shot of N20

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:11 PM   #8
Partizan
AF Enthusiast

If someone's that eager to race for bigger money, there is usually a reason.

Partizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:29 PM   #9
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Nice kills. I hate when people just don't know when to give up. Kinda irritating. Makes them look like Jackasses. Well, if they want to lose some more, then let them. Late...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:50 PM   #10
HighRev87
Banned

The reason why he didnt "take thier 500 dollars"?

Never, and I mean ever, race for money on a car you havnt seen race before, know exactly what he is running, and compare it to your car. Even after all that, reconsider before racing, especially when it is more then just gas money, such as $500.
HighRev87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:45 AM   #11
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

nice kills! it sucks that you couldnt find the race you were looking for.
JCCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #12
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

yeah young, I did feel like a bully, but there were no formidible matches...I couldn't find a v8 at that point if my life depended on it...the roads were just completely empty...

As far as not running for $500, you guys hit the nail on the head, we figured they were saying it for one of 3 reasons.

A) dsms take to mods like I take to Rolling Rock
B) the driver was just chicken and wanted to bluff me out of running
C) they wanted to pull a gun on us and take $500 the easy way.

That and the fact that we had a whooping $1.72 between the 3 of us.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 12:58 PM   #13
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

hehehe
Old 11-25-2004, 01:57 PM   #14
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun

Heh, gotta love the Vicious Realtime 4!
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 03:14 PM   #15
Pewter'01SS
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igovert500
It some 17 year old kid who didn't quite know his place in the food chain.
LMAO!!

And the term "ricer flyby" is something I've expierenced a few times but I never had a name for it, THANK YOU!!!

'01 Camaro SS - SLP Short Throw Shifter, Granatelli Air Lid, blue neon underbody kit

'92 Chevy 1/2 ton 4X4 - 350 w/ 190,000 miles and in desperate need of a rebuild.

'86 Chevy S10 - 350 w/ 400 Turbo trans, B&M Pro-Ratchet, 4.56 Posi, 350 is gone and slowly being replaced.
Pewter'01SS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing