Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
pprince72
AF Newbie

02 Nissan Altima 3.5 ? bad BCM (body control module)

My cars problem started when I had a remote car starter professional installed (I thought it was a good installer) I have quit using the remote but have the following issue. When starting the car with the key (always the key) it starts fine the symptom is whenever I hit the brake petal with car running or when car is off and no key in ignition the front and rear parking lights flash on and off 29 times (first 3 - 4 seconds of flashing I can hear a real soft buzz sound) with the radio light heater control lights and shifter control lights at the same rate with a clicking sound down by the lower left dash by where the BCM is located. With the head light switch on it does the same thing except the front and rear parking lights don't flash because they are on already. With the car running or off if I hold the brake petal down it clicks and blinks 29 times the stops for 3-4 seconds then blinks another 29 times and keeps recycling until brake is released, same if I tap the brake it blinks 29 times.
Do you think it is the BCM? One other thing when they installed the remote the radio didn't work so as professional as they are they sent someone out to fix it and they cut the power wire to the radio and rewired it with a fused wire to the fuse box. I had a real professional redo the wiring and soldered the wires that should be soldered and the radio rewired back and the reason it didn't work was because the fuse for the radio was blown leading me to think maybe the BCM was wrecked because of it.
One last question is if I replace the BCM does the Nissan dealer need to hook up there computer before and after it is replaced to program everything correctly?
pprince72 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima