Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Alex782
AF Newbie

First car buy help..

Hey i'm getting my first car soon and I am really liking the Saturn Ion Coupes, but after reading up on them they don't seem that reliable. So my question is if I get the Ion would I be spending more time fixing it rather than driving it?
Alex782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:04 PM   #2
Oldbearcat
AF Newbie

Re: First car buy help..

I assume you know that Saturn is out of business. My concern with a used Saturn would be parts availability going forward, and, rapid depreciation because the car is now an "orphan".

Regards:
Oldebearcat
Oldbearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
Ninersfan415
AF Newbie

Re: First car buy help..

Alex I tend to agree with Oldbearcat on this one. You should buy a car that you trust and won't be a pain to take in to the shop. I'd suggest something more common and readily available. If you're looking to go for a used car I suggest going through a company called Instamotor. Instamotor is free to use and their process alleviates so much of the stress of buying a used car. I was able to connect with legit sellers avoiding the usual Craigslist scams and insane dealer ship up charge. They put all their cars through a multi-point mechanical inspection, gave me a free carfax, and handled the DMV transfer paperwork. They even found me a cheaper insurance premium and a financing plan that worked with my budget. I had a great experience with them and was very impressed with the service I received. Check out their website here http://bit.ly/1hGs8R9
Ninersfan415 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A