Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 07:40 PM   #1
threethirteen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to threethirteen
cheap temporary paint job *HELP*

ok guys. i need help on painting a car...on a budget. like 50-60 bux. just a temp job. something that will match the paint, but not professional.

what kind of paint should i use? do i need to primer first (its a new body kit, i guess its already primered?)? where should i get the paint?

this is like a tomorrow morning project, so whatever help i can get would be WONDERFUL!
Old 05-14-2002, 07:48 PM   #2
Beyond Imagination
AF Fanatic

I suggest you get a real paint job ...
Old 05-14-2002, 11:24 PM   #3
threethirteen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to threethirteen
hey, thats a real nice idea. but if you could read you would know that we are doing this as a temp job. it's getting a real paint job in about three weeks. when there is one paint shop in the area and they dont have the color you need, and it will take two weeks to ship it, its much easier to do a temporary job on a single side skirt.

but thanks for your extremely helpful comment. maybe next time i need a master of the obvious i will come to you.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:22 AM   #4
Rein
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Rein
Just wait the 3 weeks, in the meantime you will have a while to practice driving around with a body kit, getting it all scratched up on bumps. Better to get it all scratched up b4 you paint it. But hell, who can stand an unpainted body kit for a few weeks. (sarcasm)
*Axis Seven 18s
Future mods:
*H&R full coilover suspension
*APR Stage III+ Turbo Kit (310 hp, 345 ft lbs)
*Stop Tech Slotted Big Brake Kit
Click here to check out my car on Cardomain.com

Secondary car: Black 1992 Civic Si

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives"

Rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 01:57 PM   #5
Sooky
AF Newbie

ummmm... i personally wouldn't do it if i were u.. unless u got some skills with painting

anyways... best place i'd go is custom paint shops (not body shops).... like there's a few around my area where u go there, tell them what paint code u want, how much, etc etc and they'll put it in a can for u (but usually takes them a day)....

the one i went to used dupont paint, and u can ask for primer (canned too) and the reducer and all that other stuff

i'd sand, primer, paint, clear
Sooky is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting