Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 09:15 PM   #31
the mule
AF Newbie

Re: I despise the fact that trucks are now cool!

trucks are cool dummy besides euro cars all suck and sound like shit bags!
the mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:20 AM   #32
dougger222
AF Regular

Location: Hobby farm in New Richland, city home in Maplewood, Minnesota

I use my 99 F250 100% for work everyday. It brings me, my ladders, my air compressor, and all my tools needed to roof new homes everyday. When I do tear offs it hauls my 4,500 lb empty dump trailer which can hold 15,000 lbs+ in it.

My wife drives the Excursion to work and back and we take it up to see her Dad who lives up north on a lake, it tows the car hauler, camper, and atv every now and then. My wife also has a full size Bronco with 1 air bag and I wanted us to be safe when we drove together, plus I love the look of her X with the 33's on American Racing rims.
A few times my wife has been asked why you drive such a large gas guzzler, she replys back, it's got a diesel engine which gets up to 20 mpg and can tow over 10,000 lbs, can your truck, car or mini van do this? They usually say nope! Plus my husband bought it for me!!!

Plus there are the guys who want to buy it from her knowing what it is.

My wife has made it clear, here in MN she has to have a 4x4 vehicle, which she does use every winter.
1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #339 of 500 all original with Recaros
1986 Shelby GLHS #284 of 500 restored to original
1965 Ford Mustang 289 V8 pony interior 4brl carb
Cars sold or parted out in a 3 month period,
2-85 GLHT's, 2-88 Shelby Z's, 87 Shelby Z, 88 Lancer Shelby, 2 85 Shelby Chargers, 89 Shelby Daytona
dougger222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:26 PM   #33
IrocRacer029
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to IrocRacer029
your all f***in faggots

if you want to spend your hard earned money on upgrading your truck with sound systems and exhaust and spinner rims , then do it!! Its their choice. If you want to spend it on makin your truck a work truck with whatever you put on them to do that then do it. Dont friggin complain when the companies are makin a bigger profit with the trucks they have out cuz more people like use them for performance and looks.
plus whats the crap about poeple dont use them for what they are made for. If you want to make a ten second truck then im pretty sure thats using it for a pretty good reason. If yu want to pleasure yourself with high speeds good looks or a big towing capacity then do it. Dont complain about how other people use their trucks just cuz your jealous that you dont know how to have fun with whatever vehicle it is you happen to own.
IrocRacer029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:36 PM   #34
WickedNYCowboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to WickedNYCowboy Send a message via Yahoo to WickedNYCowboy
Well. I like the coolness of trucks. But the two I drive are loaded with luxury but get worked the heck out of. Being that they get driven usually by me for over 100 miles a day most of them towing. They see a lot. I like to be comfortable when driving threw this mess of yuppies in this god forsaken place called Long Island, New York. What exactly do these trucks haul. Anything from a car haulers- stock trailers. Both set up to haul tag, 5th, and gooseneck trailers. Customized to my specs. The only spec missing is my name on the titles.
My Rides:
2003 Ford F-350 Long Horn Hauler
Others:
1999 Toyota Camry LE V6-Dad
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71-Sister
2004 Toyota Camry LE V6-Mom
WickedNYCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:55 PM   #35
.:.VeNoM.:.
AF Newbie

That's why I have a 1980 F250 HD with a 460 an 8 foot bed, and a 4 speed with a shifter about as long as I am tall. Im a mechanic, I use my truck to haul stuff, it's got a bedliner that's all beat to hell, and I love my truck.
.:.VeNoM.:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:59 PM   #36
M3FordBoy
AF Regular

Re: Re: I despise the fact that trucks are now cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:.VeNoM.:.
4 speed with a shifter about as long as I am tall.
Thats the way to do it in a truck.
M3FordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:53 PM   #37
catback23
AF Regular

I feel the same way, trucks and SUV's are the new trend. Like cloths many only buy them to be trendy. I don't mind their tastes and desires but when it affects me I do mind. I've seen many drive their trucks reckless as if they were sport cars, I've seen them drive in ways where I really wish I could see what traffic looked like in front of them, and I've seen them affect resale value and vehicle quality. By resale value and vehicle quality I mean truck and SUV makers have flooded the market with these hot sellers and as supply and demand says excess supply will lead to lower prices, not bad if your just gonna by a new one next year but most work trucks don't get traded-in on a yearly basis as if they were out of date. On the vehicle quality side the strong market of everyone wanting trucks and SUV's, auto makers are taking more shortcuts than ever before. Really if you were in charge of buying or making parts for trucks and SUVs would you use a part that costs twice as much and lasts 10 times longer than a part that only lasts one year. Not when you expect your main customers to be trading in their trucks and SUV's within a year. For example look at how much and the location of the plastic in todays trucks and SUV's verus the trucks of a decade ago, plastic isn't a new invention either.
catback23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #38
Paul Masley
AF Regular

ABBOG, you hit the nail square with your comments.

The first truck I bought was a 1985 regular cab, long box XL 4X4. It had a 351M under the hood, a four speed with a granny gear and air conditioning. Because of its use in my job, I did do a 4 inch suspension lift and gave it a set of 33 inch tires. The truck was a workhorse. In 370,000 miles it only failed me twice, both times within 20 miles of home. It lost a timing chain (just slam worn out, no teeth left) and the distributer lost the pin holding the gear on. That one always puzzled me.

It did not matter if the tailgate was up or down, you had a ton in the bed or it was empty, the truck pulled 17 mpg in the city and 26 on the highway. It also did not matter how you drove it, pussyfoot or raise hell. The mileage did not change.

I wish I could find another one like it. I have a 96 now and it fits the description ABBOG made. It has a 302 five speed. It could not pull a noodle out of a widcat's ass with a fifty mile an hour tailwind and giving the wildcats a fifty foot start. The 85 could get down and grunt with the big boys. I had it in places that I would not even think about taking the 96.

Yes the memories, when horsepower was generated by cubic inches instead of a damn computer.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #39
PRAIRIEOUTLAW
AF Newbie

Well, Don't know where I stand here. I mean I've never owned a car other than my wifes. I've owned 5 different trucks ranging from a 1980 Ford f100 to the 2000 F250 that my wife now drives. I've been watching this topic for a while and never posted cause I didn't want to get a flame going but whats the deal? Why is it such a problem that people like to drive trucks? My wife drives the 250 and I drive a chevy Z71. Yea she could get to work and back in a car and did for a while, but what the heck good is a car if I wanna pull something? My truck is basically my office and stays full of blueprints, tools, and dirt to be honest so I'm not gonna crawl up in it for a long weekend of travel, and the Pontiac Grand AM that she use to drive doesn't have a chance of pulling our quads, so she drives the 250 so it'll stay clean enough for us to use when we need to.... But hey don't get me wrong I don't have to have a big powerstroke, but if I want one I can have one so back off..... This is America and suppose to be the land of the free. I say buy what you want, drive what you want, and be happy. As for quality... Huh thats going down in everything nowdays. Look at the big rigs on the road. They aren't made like they use to be either and I don't see many soccer moms driving them. Its all about making stuff cheap and selling it at a good profit. Do that and you'll make money. Face it everything revolves around money.
PRAIRIEOUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #40
Cait Sith Cat
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Cait Sith Cat

There are several outstanding problems that ford seems to have. Power steering shits out, mainly, as far as my family goes. My dad's 89 F-150 that he drove 50 miles all over town delivering newspaper got to 215,000 before we sold it, and my truck is at 105,000 (granted it's been treated well before I had it. I got it at 90,000 and drive the hell out of it.)

It depends on the vehicle you get... but notice how my truck is 10 years old? They throw vehicles together these days very poorly. And they make EVERYTHING rely on computers, as if that is a good thing. It's not!!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #41
BADBOY#1
AF Newbie

Sure almost all the half tons are built for paved roads, never mind the quarter tons. but Ford(perhaps others too) offers a 3/4 with rigid front diff and long box reg cab v8 with a standart trans for usually less than the half tons. so the thing is you buy what you want to buy, that it be a ford,chev gmc or dodge. I still say BUILT FORD TOUGH
BADBOY#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #42
chamblizi
AF Regular

ok in hip hop terms I'll lay my thoughts down

"F*** A NEW TRUCK 70 +80's TRUCKS DOGGIN EM CRASH THAT RAGGITY NEW CHEVY AND KNOCK THAT 2011 FRONT END IN...
BET THAT SH***WON'T START AGAIN"

its plane and simple

Old Trucks = Over Achievers so how bout i start a team of classic leader
to kill new fords and Chevy retrievers to bring back the classic upbringing of real work trucks and make colt ford the wide receiver..

F*** green paper gold teeth and prego gold diggers receiving new trucks...

TRUCKS ARE NOT ABOUT DIAMONDS AND RIM SPINNING THEY DON'T NEED THEM...

i tried writing that nice as possible
chamblizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #43
chamblizi
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mule View Post
trucks are cool dummy besides euro cars all suck and sound like shit bags!

trucks original reason for being built was work its not cool that's a insult
Old 09-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #44
chamblizi
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAIRIEOUTLAW View Post
Well, Don't know where I stand here. I mean I've never owned a car other than my wifes. I've owned 5 different trucks ranging from a 1980 Ford f100 to the 2000 F250 that my wife now drives. I've been watching this topic for a while and never posted cause I didn't want to get a flame going but whats the deal? Why is it such a problem that people like to drive trucks? My wife drives the 250 and I drive a chevy Z71. Yea she could get to work and back in a car and did for a while, but what the heck good is a car if I wanna pull something? My truck is basically my office and stays full of blueprints, tools, and dirt to be honest so I'm not gonna crawl up in it for a long weekend of travel, and the Pontiac Grand AM that she use to drive doesn't have a chance of pulling our quads, so she drives the 250 so it'll stay clean enough for us to use when we need to.... But hey don't get me wrong I don't have to have a big powerstroke, but if I want one I can have one so back off..... This is America and suppose to be the land of the free. I say buy what you want, drive what you want, and be happy. As for quality... Huh thats going down in everything nowdays. Look at the big rigs on the road. They aren't made like they use to be either and I don't see many soccer moms driving them. Its all about making stuff cheap and selling it at a good profit. Do that and you'll make money. Face it everything revolves around money.
If you like not looking manly and want a wimpy truck that cost you thosands of dollars then go ahead be my guess when your trucks broke down on the road i will be sure to laugh at you with full force cause you could have had a classic for all that money and it last twice as long.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series