Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S80
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
VolvoEd
AF Newbie

Oxygen Sensor Question

I own a 2000 Volvo S80 and the dealer told me I might have a problem with my o2 sensor. Dealer said the sensors are $450 each. When I checked the internet I see all different types of o2 sensors for my care at different prices (ranging from $150 to $350). Some with three, four or five wire sensors. Is there a specific o2 sensor that I need to use or would any sensor work as long as it says it fits my car? How can I tell which one it needs? The car is starting to fall apart and I want to spend as little as possible.

Thanks
VolvoEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
iceman2
AF Regular

Re: Oxygen Sensor Question

Ed, I have been researching this very topic for my Pontiac Tansport (my CEL is on and gas mileage does not seem right), the o2 sensors for my van are about $100 each from GM, I found a downstream (after catalytic converter) sensor from Ebay for $27 delivered, I'm going to install it this weekend. I would make sure, at the very least, that you have the same number of wires on the new one as the old one. A couple of GM dealers have stated that if the Check Engine Light is not on, don't replace the sensor(s). I will add to it, if your gas mileage seems okay and the CEL light is not on, then you don't need to replace the sensor(s).
iceman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Mr.Volvo
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoEd
I own a 2000 Volvo S80 and the dealer told me I might have a problem with my o2 sensor. Dealer said the sensors are $450 each. When I checked the internet I see all different types of o2 sensors for my care at different prices (ranging from $150 to $350). Some with three, four or five wire sensors. Is there a specific o2 sensor that I need to use or would any sensor work as long as it says it fits my car? How can I tell which one it needs? The car is starting to fall apart and I want to spend as little as possible.

Thanks

Well you have a total of four, fronts are not O2 sensors, they are Lamda sensors, the rear two are O2 sensors.

You better make you sure get the right ones, you can damage the ECM, along with other stuff.
Mr.Volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:18 AM   #4
paa3838
AF Newbie

Well you have a total of four, fronts are not O2 sensors, they are Lamda sensors, the rear two are O2 sensors.

You better make you sure get the right ones, you can damage the ECM, along with other stuff.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S80