Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
Scotty89
AF Regular

2011 3.7 4 speed automatic

I am working on a 2011 Liberty with the 3.7 L engine with the 4 speed auto transmission. The issue is when you are driving down the road at highway speed, right before it downshifts it will jerk some and then downshift. Mainly does it like when you are pulling a steep enough hill to make it downshift. Its not setting any codes and seems to do it worse with the cruise on. I have talked to some people with Jeep and they are telling me that it is normal to have some jerking before it shifts. It seems like it is a software issue from what they are telling me. My main question is here that for the people that have experienced this how bad is the jerking? They tell me that it is normal but how bad does it need to get before it isn't normal anymore? Any help is greatly appreciated. Im at a loss with this one
Scotty89 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Liberty