Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
gajadojaja
AF Newbie

:frown: I need help with my GTR

Hello everybody i own a R32 GTR 90 model and it is a Japanese circuit car which is heavily modified that i registered here in Brisbane. last night i was driving for about 5 min from my gf house adn i stoped at the lights and it turned off it did that about 3 or 4 times and when it finally stayed on when i was driving up until like 4500rpm or 5000rpm it runns very very shaky and it feels like its backfiring non stop and when i came home i noticed that it was smoking (black i think) on idle . Does anyone know what my GTR's problem could be? If it helps iv got like so many mods but ill give u some like the GReddy GT intercooler 700/400/103, Stage 3 CAMS, NISMO N1 Turbos, 3.5inch from turbo and 4 inch cat back exhaust, HKS F-con V pro gold engine managment comp, and so on. if somebody could please HELP ME it would be really appreciated.
Thank You!
gajadojaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #2
randominsanity73
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to randominsanity73
Re: :frown: I need help with my GTR

Did you happen to see what voltage your battery guage was reading (centre cluster)? Honestly it could be anything from a dodgy wire or terminal connection on your battery, to being in desperate need of a tune (remember, the japanese weather conditions are very different to australia) There really are so many possibilities with it.

But seriously, if you're not that good with cars then i'd get it to a performance shop quick smart, but make sure it's one with a decent reputation for skylines & GTR's. As GTR's are such complex machines you really need to locate someone who is very knowledgable with them. I'd be inclined to check the basic stuff myself and if you still can't find it then don't drive it, have it towed to a workshop (must be a flatbed towtruck or it'll damage the 4wd system!).
Old 03-30-2006, 02:24 AM   #3
mmcleo11
AF Regular

Re: :frown: I need help with my GTR

Sounds like an Air Flow Meter problem or the BOV is playing up at idle.

Most common cause of your described symptoms is AFM's(using 2 of them) one will die quickly followed by the other.

The HKS F-CON V ECU cannot be tuned or modified in Australia either... HKS Japan keep that software for the JDM market only.

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
Boyd Coddington 19" Turbine Wheels
AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes
Tein Coil over Suspension
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
mmcleo11 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Technical