Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
Throbbin Rods
AF Newbie

2004 Yukon XL Denali trailer wiring

Can anyone tell me for certain whether my Denali is wired for trailer brakes from the factory? I had a dealership mechanic tell me it was but there is no mention in my owner manual. I am under the impression that I need to install a brake controller.
Thanks in advance.
Bill
Throbbin Rods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
Cusser
AF Regular

Re: 2004 Yukon XL Denali trailer wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbin Rods View Post
Can anyone tell me for certain whether my Denali is wired for trailer brakes from the factory?
Mrs. Cusser bought a 2005 Yukon Denali in 2010 to use for towing her horse/trailer. This had an aftermarket brake controller mounted under the dash already. Then the knob/wheel gets adjusted based upon weight/power of the trailer brakes.

I installed one of these into our 1994 Suburban. It installs to battery with a circuit breaker and has a wire to go back to the electrical harness for the trailer plug.

My daughter just bought a 2015 Chevy truck, and was told that was the first year for the electric brake controller to be integrally wired, don't know.

I guess the question is: does the 2004 Denali already have a brake wire going back to the harness, or does that need to be routed? I don't know. But ETrailer has been a good resource in the past. See https://www.etrailer.com/faq-brakecontroller.aspx
Cusser is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon