Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 09:15 AM   #1
shaun1982
AF Enthusiast

can some one correct me on this topic

i downloaded a clip which was from top gear and abritish guy was in the clip which showed the latest civic type r and then the new nsx type r.

he drove it on the rain and started drifting and trying out the car, he said its really good, but then when he tried the nsx, he said its a great car, but he said, as a conclusion, will any one buy it, he said nope. he said that honda rarely sold one and that honda should just stop making the nsx and retire it and make sumthign new. that its not a ferrari.

does any one know how many units was sold in the us, or any place per year.

cause naybe there in europe didnt sell much but im sure else where they did. and that its not a ferrari. of course its not a ferrari. nothing can replace ferraris, plus i love my honda more than a ferrari. and id rather get the nsx or even any other jap car.

but, with teh nsx type r, which ferraris can it challenge in 0-60 or even quarter mile. which euro cars can the type r challenge. and be competitive
shaun1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:18 AM   #2
shaun1982
AF Enthusiast

Re: can some one correct me on this topic

if u guys havent seen the clip, i d/loaded it in kazaa. its called
Honda Civic type r-nsx and the file name is
TopTop_Gear_Honda_Civic_NSX_hi.wmv
and its around 28mb
shaun1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:01 AM   #3
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

The Nsx is not as fast as a ferrari modena and cannot go in a track as fast as a ferrari modena, which is the cheapest ferrari.

The NSX sold less than 6 vehicles in one year in Europe. Its too expensive and people are misguided by thinking that a car that goes faster in a straight line is better.

Take an EVO VIII, drop 5 thousand, for a total off 35,000 and itll take an NSX in whatever test. The NSX is a 80,000 dollar car. Of course, if you drive an Nsx you get more prestige and you are driving a real supercar.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:03 AM   #4
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

In the top gear test the NSX-R took the Aston Martin Vanquish which is a 400+ horspower car, along with other cars. The NSX-R is the best handling car in the world in the 280 horsepower 2800-3000 lbs segment.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:14 AM   #5
yellownsx
AF Newbie

I can NOT beLIEve what I'm reading

I can NOT beLIEve what I'm reading! The first two years that the NSX was made they couldn't build them fast enough to get them out the door. What was suppose to be limited production (hand built) had to be cranked out to the tune of almost 4000 units a year! ( The first two years they produced about 7800 cars ) Yes it has wained over the years, Honda now produces a little over a thousand of them a year, But has learned much in building them. They are talking about building other Hondas with all aluminmum bodys (right now these parts are expen$ive for the NSX......A door skin is $5000) But they are talking about building Accords and Civics this way. The NSX is being retired this year to bring out the HSC lets see if this brings some excitement back.
The NSX came out in 1991, this little 6 cyl beat the ZR1 Corvette, The Ferrari F355 And the Porsche 911 that year!
Don't believe me? Read this the post in "Great collumn in paper about NSX "

Sorry....I got off on a rant!
yellownsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:10 PM   #6
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

what honda need to do is build a 400 hp hsc so it can overcome anything on the streets. it already has the best handling, all it need is the extra horses to tear up the ferrari's and lambo.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:33 AM   #7
Crippy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun1982
i downloaded a clip which was from top gear and abritish guy was in the clip which showed the latest civic type r and then the new nsx type r.

he drove it on the rain and started drifting and trying out the car, he said its really good, but then when he tried the nsx, he said its a great car, but he said, as a conclusion, will any one buy it, he said nope. he said that honda rarely sold one and that honda should just stop making the nsx and retire it and make sumthign new. that its not a ferrari.

does any one know how many units was sold in the us, or any place per year.

cause naybe there in europe didnt sell much but im sure else where they did. and that its not a ferrari. of course its not a ferrari. nothing can replace ferraris, plus i love my honda more than a ferrari. and id rather get the nsx or even any other jap car.

but, with teh nsx type r, which ferraris can it challenge in 0-60 or even quarter mile. which euro cars can the type r challenge. and be competitive
i love hondas too , espeacially the nsx , but i would take an f50 ferrari ANY day of the week over any honda !! ...
Old 06-10-2004, 08:48 PM   #8
yellownsx
AF Newbie

Wink Re: Re: can some one correct me on this topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippy
i love hondas too , espeacially the nsx , but i would take an f50 ferrari ANY day of the week over any honda !! ...

Unlike the F50, I can drive my NSX everyday
yellownsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:10 PM   #9
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: can some one correct me on this topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownsx
Unlike the F50, I can drive my NSX everyday
, and don't cost no 5 grand a year for regular maintenance.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:06 PM   #10
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

yeah, even if someone gave me an f50 i dont think i could keep it... or even an enzo... itsnt it like $700 just to change the oil on it and $30,000 to replace the brakes?
ghetto7o2azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:18 PM   #11
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

check this thread out guys, this one particular guy is trying to call an nsx a polished turd. man that got me heated .

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=230686
Old 06-30-2004, 01:34 PM   #12
feenix z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to feenix z
hsc

If you guys havnt heard, they lifted the 280 hp limit in japan. This means that the hsc could get enough power to take on the ferrari 360. And whoever brought up the every day drivability of an nsx, good call, save for the price to performance aspect, the nsx is far more practicle for daily driving than a ferrari.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:28 PM   #13
SRV BOY
AF Enthusiast

What i think they need to do with the nsx if first restyle the look of the car. Second lower the price.
Third but most important, is make this car a v8-v12!
Why is it still a v6. Is there a supercar out there for the same price that is a V6 hell no. Or at least super/turbocharge the car. Im sure it would sell a lot more than
SRV BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 12:30 PM   #14
feenix z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to feenix z
nsx v6

I say stick with the v6, everyone knows Honda can make loads of power in any engine. I( think i head onec they could make well over 400 seabiscuts out of the current v6. Also, the v6 would be lighter than a v8 or v12.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:26 AM   #15
Funano
AF Newbie

i think that sticking with the v6 is fine...waste not... if you can make the same power as a v8 with a v6, why change? i remember reading on a nsx club website that some guy makes a supercharger for nsx's that makes an instant 100 extra ponies...
Funano is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX