Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 02:17 AM   #1
vegeta2064
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to vegeta2064
Question Question about loud exhuast?

I have a 90 teg with the 1.8 non-vtec dohc and I was wondering what I would need to get to make my exhuast louder than stock. Everyone I see with a civic or teg always has a really loud exhuast and I just want to keep up. Would I just need an exhuast or would I need a new pipe and cat conveter and all that cause I really don't have the loot for all that. Please help me!

Car to quiet in NC.
vegeta2064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 04:11 AM   #2
pikkagtr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Question about loud exhuast?

just go out and purchase a cat-back exhuast from apex or greddy and bolt it on
take off the silencer and your car will have that nice deep exhaust tone

#464 NBP ITR
Comptech Sports Intake+ Ice Box, AEM FPR, AEM fuel rail, Nology wires, Greddy Iridium plugs, DC sports 4-1 SS header, Apex'i N1 Exhaust, Apex'i VAFC II tuned

XTC@8.5K
" Stop dreaming the life, Start living the Dream..."
pikkagtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 04:15 AM   #3
95TegSE
AF Enthusiast

I recommend doing what he said. But, if you don't really care about performance, and don't have too much money to spend, you can always just buy a muffler and have it welded on, or get an axle-back system.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:33 PM   #4
boosted k20
AF Enthusiast

i would just go and get a full catback exhaust system like the ones mentioned above. i would favor the APexi N1 exhaust becuase it has a loud DEEP sound. The Apexi N1 would cost about $450. The exhaust that i have on my car is from TSUDO and it's also an N1 style like the Apexi. it looks exactly like it and sounds EXACTLY like the Apexi N1. I paid about $250 bucks for it shipped. u can get it on ebay for about the same price. it's very good quality too! higly recommend

i wouldnt get a muffler and weld it onto your stock piping. Most of them have an annoying high pitched sound to it. i hate seeing civics rolling around with those fart cans..
Old 08-08-2004, 09:04 PM   #5
integrasedan
AF Enthusiast

You'll be annoying neighbors at night, attracting cops if it is a really loud muffler, especially with import cars. The new issue of SuperStreet (got a face lift) shows how to fight a ticket in California.

I've heard Apexi and Tanabe are loud, but with a good tone. I'll think about TSUDO, since Boosted says it sounds just as good.
integrasedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:15 PM   #6
Rating
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Rating

Yeah I got a ticket once for my exhaust, then i put the turbo on and it silenced my exhaust and gave it a sweet aquatic sound

Im not proud of my car because its fast, Im proud of it be cause I built it that way.
Rating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:14 AM   #7
JDMautogames.com
Banned

You always can put a catback exhaust on to make it loud. But the cheapest way to make it loud is to take out the cat converter. that will make it louder...
JDMautogames.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:11 AM   #8
got v-tec?
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Question about loud exhuast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMautogames.com
You always can put a catback exhaust on to make it loud. But the cheapest way to make it loud is to take out the cat converter. that will make it louder...
if i were you i would look in the phone book for exhaust shops and call all of them and find who will do the cheapest deal. get 2 1/4" piping from your header to your cat(also buy a highflow 2 1/4"cat) and from your cat to your exhaust. i got mine done for $110 w/ installation.
i personaly reccomend tenzo type2 exhaust it wasnt that lould when i had a d-series engine but wants i did the gsr swap it brought it to live its sounds really low pitched hovering sound.
got v-tec? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:32 PM   #9
Vtec
AF Enthusiast

So all you want is a bunch of noise that serves no purpose other then annoying the hell outta of actual car enthusiast, who spend good money on systems for a reason other then just noise. Hack out the cat put a straight pipe in there with a N1 knock-off and you'll be up and ready to annoy.
Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:19 PM   #10
JPubbly
AF Newbie

Hey man... i have a 99 integra and i wanted a kinda loud exhaust but i didnt want to annoy anyone and make a bunch of noise if my engine couldnt back it up...so i went from 1 3/4" piping to 2 1/4" and got a new muffler. i got it all done for $280 and it was worth it... i experienced horsepower gain (not much but enough to tell a difference) and it sounds deep. dont put a stupid tip on your exhaust or just replace the muffler with one of those pissed off gnat things...they are loud and high pitched. get the whole thing redone and it is deep and it isnt too loud but you will get noticed. also if that isnt loud enough get them to take your resinator out and it will be alot louder or even go with the 2 1/2" piping. DONT PUT AN ANNOYING TIP ON THERE...I HATE THOSE THINGS!
JPubbly is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra