Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 01:22 AM   #1
93spirit
AF Newbie

Buying a 2nd Gen Integra

Hi.

This guy I know is selling his 2nd gen Integra. I'm not 100% what year it is.. but I think its a 93. The car is a 5spd with 110,000 miles on it. It does have some problems however. The driver's side fender is messed up and his back bumper needs to be replaced. Also he told me it needs new CV joints. First he told me the price..which was $1,000. I was in shock, because Integras are by far my favorite cars (3rd gen mostly) but I like 2nd gens too. Anyways about a month ago I went and looked at this car, and again I was in SHOCK! The paint (silver) was perfect, no rust.. it had tilt windows, 17' rims, tinted windows, catbacks.. the works. Although the fender was noticeable I would of probally gave him 2 grand. Anyways.. I started saving up for it, (I didn't have the money at the time) and about a week later he told me he had decided he was gonna keep it. Ok.. well I have been saving my money ever since then and I have about $850.00 at the moment. Yesterday he comes in my workplace (McDonalds) and tells me he HAS to get rid of it.. he needs the money bla bla blah blah blah...He also said that the CV joints are really messed up and they need fixed immediatly. Anyways I told him I had $850, and would give $850 for it.. and he said he'll sell it to me $875. I'm like in complete shock because I think im getting a REALLY good deal. I know this cars been ran pretty hard, because my brother knows this guy. But what else could you expect for 875$. I know If i replaced this fender,bumper and CV joints I could pull alot more out of this car then what I'm hopefully going to pay, even though I wouldn't sell it cause like a integra is my dream car. Does anyone know how much it would cost on repairs on this car(for the fender,bumper and 2 CV joints) Do you think this is a good deal? If I test drive it, what should I look for in preticular? I really appreciate any info/suggestions.

Thanks
dustin
93spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:35 AM   #2
knorwj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to knorwj
fender~ about 70 unpainted
CV joints~ might as well get two new axles~ 50-80 each
bumper~ 150 ish I think

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
knorwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:39 PM   #3
93spirit
AF Newbie

Re: Buying a 2nd Gen Integra

Do you know how much new axles would cost?
Old 08-13-2004, 12:30 AM   #4
93spirit
AF Newbie

got some more info..

The car is a 1992 Acura Integra RS(4 door). He says it has a B18 in it but not the "GS-R" motor. I don't know what he means b/c i thought the b18 only came in the gsr, unless they have other b18s.. The motor has 74,000 miles on it and the tranny has 102,000. He wants 900$ no questions asked and he said he would replace the axles.. I really can't wait till i come up with 900$ I'll try and see if i can get some pics of it.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:33 AM   #5
AcAttackGS
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to AcAttackGS
if its a g2 then that means if it was a gsr it would be a b17 which is a rare motor because they only made it for a year or two...now in the 3g tegs a gsr has a b18c1..non vtec for the rest of the tegs are b18a or b. which r great motors also. n $875 bucks damn thats a great deal...i paid $3300 for my gs with 140k.. but it was slitly moded and was leather n all that... o well im still more than plzd with my teg

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra