Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #31
terryl50
AF Newbie

Re: Fuel Injector/spider How To

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhutchinsusa
Terry,
On my 2000 Jimmy, I use a 16mm crowsfoot (Craftsman) on the end of a long 3/8" extension. Once it's broken loose, I can unscrew the rest of the way by hand.
If there was space, the proper wrench would be a flare nut wrench.
Good luck,
John

Hey, John thanks for the reply. I already have it off, but your post will help with the install, If you have done this before I do have one concern before I order the update from GM Parts direct, Is this 100% the correct part # 12568332 I tried emailing them but I haven't got a responce yet, also how long does it take for them to ship it to you.
terryl50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #32
johnhutchinsusa
AF Newbie

Hey, John thanks for the reply....

I still have the old style injection body, but having tried to get it to stop leaking for the last 2 weeks, I see the MFI upgrade coming.
So far as the nuts on the fuel lines, be sure and check or replace the o-rings when you reassemble.
Good Luck
John
johnhutchinsusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #33
terryl50
AF Newbie

Quote:
Hey, John thanks for the reply....

I still have the old style injection body, but having tried to get it to stop leaking for the last 2 weeks, I see the MFI upgrade coming.
So far as the nuts on the fuel lines, be sure and check or replace the o-rings when you reassemble.
Good Luck
John
Hi again thanks for the advice already have them. The only thing that I'm waiting for is some type of verifcation that this is the right part. So I can order the upgrade. My manual says that I have a CSEFI fuel inj , GM Direct and the post from GM on the install says that this is for a SCPI to MFI UPGRADE, My question is, are CSEFI and SCPI one in the same? They look the same according to the pictures. I just don't want to order the wrong part.
Thanks Terry
Old 04-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #34
johnhutchinsusa
AF Newbie

Terry
Got reply today from GMDirect. You probably heard from them by now.
I picked my parts up from a dealer friend on Wednesday.
Looks like it should fit perfectly, but weather hasn't allowed me to get it on yet. I/m excited about getting that old dog of an injector body out and putting the better design in.
Let us know how you come out.

(from GMDirect)
"pk12568332" is the correct part number for your vehicle, per the VIN
supplied.

Thank you for choosing www.GmPartsDirect.com

Subject: Part number verification

**Please confirm part numbers and pricing for:

2000 GMC Jimmy 4.3 L Vin 1GKDT13W8Y2103XXX

1 each pk12568332 MFI upgrade

1 each 88894355 V6 Bracket

1 each 17113215 V6 seal kit
Old 04-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #35
johnhutchinsusa
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Fuel Injector/spider How To

Got the 2000 Jimmy put back together today.
MFI part numbers in above message fit/work no problem.
Have other issues, but by george, my leaking fuel pressure problems are gone!

John
Old 04-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #36
prenticect
AF Newbie

OK, I need some clarification.

When I went to change my CFi injectors origianlly, I apparently got the MFI injector. It did not look like those injectors would fit into my lower intake manifold. So does the lower intake need to be replaced as well? From the parts list you have up there, it seems not. Also the computer works the same? I do not need to replace any other of those electrical sensors? If not, that is great, but I am just curious.

It definately seems the CFI has all kinds of problems and the MFI is the way to go. I replaced the CFI injectors and apparently now I have a huge vacuum leak somewhere so I need to take it all apart again to redo it to triple check what is incorrect. Since I am doing it again, I am thinking maybe do this conversion and end the issues with this fuel system.

FYI, 96 GMC 5.7.

Any input you all can have for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
prenticect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #37
johnhutchinsusa
AF Newbie

On 2000 GMC Jimmy 4.3 6cyl W engine, the only thing I had to watch out for when putting the MFI spider in, was turning the injector connectors so that the upper intake cover would fit. Everything else seemed to go slick.

Good luck
John
Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #38
terryl50
AF Newbie

Hi John, I just got my order in from GM parts Direct. I have run across what I hope is not a problem. All my fuel lines coming off the the fuel meter body are facing towards the fuel pressure regulator. according to the install they all need to be away from the fuel pressure regulator was yours like this or did I get a bad one? It's doesn't look like the fuel lines will turn 180 degrees. I don't want to damage it, Just wanted to know what yours looked like when you took it out of the box.
Thanks
Old 04-11-2008, 06:30 AM   #39
johnhutchinsusa
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryl50
Hi John, I just got my order in from GM parts Direct. I have run across what I hope is not a problem. All my fuel lines coming off the the fuel meter body are facing towards the fuel pressure regulator. according to the install they all need to be away from the fuel pressure regulator was yours like this or did I get a bad one? It's doesn't look like the fuel lines will turn 180 degrees. I don't want to damage it, Just wanted to know what yours looked like when you took it out of the box.
Thanks
Like yours, mine had the lines turned around to fit the plastic formed packing.
I gently turned them around to the front without problem.That tubing is probably pretty tough, but I treated it gently anyway.
Number 3 has to slip behind number 1 slightly. Position connectors like the technote describes towards manifold so upper half goes on OK,
Details:
http://members.shaw.ca/betterthanyou...g%20Poppet.htm
Between the excellent AF How To and the tech notes.
it went pretty slick.
Let us hear how you came out.
Good luck
John
Old 04-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #40
terryl50
AF Newbie

Quote:
Like yours, mine had the lines turned around to fit the plastic formed packing.
I gently turned them around to the front without problem.That tubing is probably pretty tough, but I treated it gently anyway.
Number 3 has to slip behind number 1 slightly. Position connectors like the technote describes towards manifold so upper half goes on OK,
Details:
http://members.shaw.ca/betterthanyou...g%20Poppet.htm
Between the excellent AF How To and the tech notes.
it went pretty slick.
Let us hear how you came out.
Good luck
John
Hey John just letting you know I got it on everthing seems ok, but I do have one problem that I thought this kit would fix but it's still there . Once in a while it want's to backfire on start up causing the starter to grind. A mech friend of mine said it's proable the crank sensor , ever hear of this problem?
Old 04-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #41
johnhutchinsusa
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Fuel Injector/spider How To

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryl50
Hey John just letting you know I got it on everthing seems ok, but I do have one problem that I thought this kit would fix but it's still there . Once in a while it want's to backfire on start up causing the starter to grind. A mech friend of mine said it's proable the crank sensor , ever hear of this problem?

Not sure about that one, Terry,
but what do you think about starting a new thread on it in problem diagnosis section and let's see what the pros have to say about it?

John
Old 04-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #42
shadowone
AF Newbie

MFI assembly 12568332
Can someone tell me if the green plastic tubes on the injectors come off. They appear to be too large for the ports.
shadowone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #43
Bryan Burkhalter
AF Newbie

Quote:
Terry
Got reply today from GMDirect. You probably heard from them by now.
I picked my parts up from a dealer friend on Wednesday.
Looks like it should fit perfectly, but weather hasn't allowed me to get it on yet. I/m excited about getting that old dog of an injector body out and putting the better design in.
Let us know how you come out.

(from GMDirect)
"pk12568332" is the correct part number for your vehicle, per the VIN
supplied.

Thank you for choosing www.GmPartsDirect.com

Subject: Part number verification

**Please confirm part numbers and pricing for:

2000 GMC Jimmy 4.3 L Vin 1GKDT13W8Y2103XXX

1 each pk12568332 MFI upgrade

1 each 88894355 V6 Bracket

1 each 17113215 V6 seal kit
Were these 100% everything you needed to order online for this job? Aside from the various tools, are these 3 items all one would need to take this job from cradle to grave, assuming everything went smoothly? I too have a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4.3L, and wouldn't mind doing this job over a weekend to improve my jimmy's performance/economy.
Bryan Burkhalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #44
mixin
AF Newbie

Yep, that's all you will need. I also bought a 1/4 torque wrench from harbor frieght to make sure I got the upper intake fastners installed to the correct in/lb rating (it's freakishly low)- I've heard this is important so you don't crack or distort your plastic intake from overtorquing thereby creating vacuum leaks. Also, buy a couple cans of throttle body cleaner as yours will probably be gummed up from underneath. It's also a good time to think of other stuff to do while you're at it, cap/rotor etc... Before you attempt the job, also check the condition of your lower intake gaskets as these are problematic with our trucks (do a search). If you'd like to replace yours with newer, better designed ones, installing the MFI is almost just a part of re-assembly of that job. Good Luck,

My favorite part about the MFI is the quick starts, two revolutions of the starter every time vs 4-6 with the old poppets! Now it sounds like-*wrowwrowVROOOOM* Actually makes me enjoy the truck more!
mixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #45
droppedbowtie
AF Newbie

hey guys im new to this forum specifically for this thread, as many of you my spiders went fubar and reaked havoc on my engine, would this swap take away my need of replacing all my spiders? cause from what ive learned so far there pricey and this swap dosent seem that bad to do effort wise and money wise?
droppedbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info