Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > MP4-12C
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
Peter P
AF Newbie

MP4 12C Extended warranty expiration date screwup

So my extended warranty was expiring on September 6.

Thinking the date was September 26, I brought the car in on September 15 to Long Island Sports Car, my closest service, to purchase a new extended warranty. At that time, I was told that the warranty had expired on September 6 and I was no longer covered. I reached out to McLaren UK, telling them that they should acknowledge the warranty since it was only 6 days passed expiration date. They said they would talk to Customer Relations and consider "A Good Will" option. The problem was not the extension, but after inspecting the car, the Service Department told me the gear box was leaking and coolant hoses were also leaking.

As some of you may know, a gear box is over $30,000 to replace. So the question is: if they don`t consider the "Good Will" to service the car based on the fact that we missed the expiration by 120 hours, do I take the car and try to get is repaired outside of McLaren? Or, just leave it alone since the gear box leak at this time is minuscule.

Appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
Peter P is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > MP4-12C